testing sensor question

nasteboyii

i would like to test my pressure sensor, i bought it used on here forever ago. i have a 2jz swapped car. and i am working on getting all the factory dash stuff working (for my personal likes of it, not for perfection)

i know if i ground the wire the gauge works, so i know the cluster/wiring is good, which leads me to beileve sensor is bad, does anyone know how to test ( aka maybe put small pressure and read ohms thru it as i slowly increase pressure say from 10-40psi or somethign

second, i need to test tach, i know its ground activated, and the easiest way i think is to pull a second car beside the conquest, with a external coil car, i could just run the one wire off coil (-) and run straight thru to cluster . Does anyone think this should work... just to simple test if it works or not. i cant remember if cluster worked when i first got the car about 4 yrs ago or so... i hate to buy a new cluster to put in to find out its another problem

keep in mind i m using a 2jz with haltech, i ran the tach wire to the haltech like instructions described, and i also put the relay modifications with resistor as it stated. and still nothing, so unsure if tach is bad. which i think it is

any information to help me with this, that would be great

THanks in advance

Dan

first question did the tach ever work?

2'd are you using the oreg tach lead,, 3'd is there a boost gauge installed in to the dash cluster ,,if so the printed circuit board film may be cut , very normal problem

running a tach signal from one car to another may not work cause the wire will only have 1 circuit

and no ground feed

thanks for the response shelby

first Unknown if tach worked previoulsy or not

not original tach lead, due to all the wiring was removed from car, and ran new to only things i was using.

if i ran the wire from the coil of another car, i would also ground the cars together :)

any idea on the oil pressure sensor?

thanks again for the quick response shelby

one thing to keep in mind very few factory cars use 12 volts to instriments , for oil pressure sender on our quest it uses a pulseing voltage signal some where between 5-7 volts later model cars went to using solid state voltage controlers that read 5-7 volts , also some read posi to neg, others read neg to posi , but I doubt that a terriable lot of diff from one car to another

just do a little resecearch