Newbie in desprite need of tuning help! Maft Gen 2.

Alright, let me start by saying; I know this is not the correct forum for me to be posting a question like this on but I do not have enough posts to post in Advanced or Virtual Mechanic. I have done some research but this is my first tunning experience and i need further help tunning my car, I am using a Maf Translator Gen 2. I hooked up my translator following these instructions http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=6454 I also tried to base my tune off of the information stated in the post.

I currently just finished rebuilding my 88 conquest. Mods are as follows.

fresh rebuild

.30 block

.30 forged weisco pistons

rebuilt non jet valve head with 100lb schneider valve springs.

custom built hard pipes, 3in gm maf mounted blow through style.

southbend clutch and lightened stock flywheel.

3in downpipe back exhaust.

It starts up and runs at idle pretty good everytime, at this time my wideband is usually reading around 14.8. While driving, low speeds seem okay but could be a little smoother, at this point the wideband starts to bounce around from 14.8 to 16s back to 14s then to 17s back again then off. my translator is not hooked into my wideband yet as i think i need a new sending unit for the wideband. Mid throttle when it starts to get into boost needs the most help. the car will start building boost around 2200rpm, once it starts building boost it sort of holds itself back almost as if you were brake boosting. When downshifting or just letting of the gas and deceling the car pops and sort of backfires. I have not tried WOT yet because it has not hit the 500mile break it period. I would highly appreciate if some of you guys with more knowledge with this translator or let alone starquest in general could chime in with some advice. I am at sea level and lately it has been in the mid 60s low 70s.

My current translator settings are as follows.

Configure Selection:

MAF input; 3in maf LT1

MAF output; DSM 1G

RPM/ engine; 4 cyl

Displacement; 2.72

Load source; use Maf/ RPM

wideband; NONE

Aux log mode: none

V-out1: use setpoint

V-out2; use setpoint

System Settings:

Main Scale; -8.0

V-out1; 2.220

V-out2; 2.220

After Start: 0.0

Lo load pt; 26.0

MI load pt: 100.1

HI load pt: 143.0

F out max; 0

Maf lim tps: 0.000

maf limit. 0.0

maf/ krpm: 0.0

TPS Enrich: 0.30

TPS Decay: 0.40

Idle flow: 12.0

Off idle fuel: 7.0

User Tune low load. 800 - 3400 rpm: + 1.0 %

User Tune mid and high load all settings are at zero.

Maf Sensor; 100g/s +1.0%

Air Fuel Tracking;

Gain; 4.0

AFR: 2000-6000 rpm, 12.0

Aux %; 0.0

AF trdelay: 0.0

Aux trig settings; 800-6000 rpm 0.0 %

Spark ADV @ WOT: 2000- 6000 rpm- 15.0

Spark ADv @ WOT (trig) same as above

Window Switch:

Min TPS; 1.500

Max TPS; 3.560

Min aux; 1.700

Max Aux; 4.500

Min rpm; 928

Max Rpm; 6016

Delay time; 0.50

If any of you guys see something wrong or an area that could be in proved please comment!! also if you have any advice or explaination on something id appreciate that also. I also wouldnt mind being pointed in the right direction for help or advice tunning wise on the gen 2. I do not really understand this unit and its settings at all yet but im trying my best to learn and hopefully i can learn from the best on SQC

dont know how much it would matter but do you have a good fuel set up, fuel pump?

Hmm I'm not too sure, my fuel pump and injectors are factory but seem to function fine. I currently replaced the injector clips. I don't have a bigger turbo or anything yet that would need better fuel support

What are you using for rpm input for the Gen 2?

White ----- (RPM/Engine Speed) Run new 14-18 gauge wire out to distributor plug wire positive. Harness side. (white wire) - this is how I hooked up my translator for Rpms. I'm ordering a new Wideband sending unit and will hook the gen 2 to my Wideband instead of the ECU and see if that helps at all. I'd like to thank both of you for chiming in!

v1 and v2 are set wrong. They need to be a the fixed setting for a dsm and wired to the sq temp and baro input. Do not try and bring a intake air temp ino the mix at this time.

Your correction needs to vary a lot more at the different rpms and load points. On a draw through typically the car needs to be leaned out as the car comes in to boost and as airflow rises.

But blow through will need different correction settings and will vary more from car to car more than a draw through.

v1 and v2 are set wrong. They need to be a the fixed setting for a dsm and wired to the sq temp and baro input. Do not try and bring a intake air temp ino the mix at this time.

Your correction needs to vary a lot more at the different rpms and load points. On a draw through typically the car needs to be leaned out as the car comes in to boost and as airflow rises.

But blow through will need different correction settings and will vary more from car to car more than a draw through.

Is there a write up on how to wire the v1 & v2 correctly ? When you talk about correction Im assuming your talking about the user tune low load? What do you think about my main scale?