NikoFab JDM Rear Hatch Spoiler Group Buy II : GP Closed

NikoFab

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your hardwork Nick! Got mine in and it looks great! Professional in every way! Workmanship, communication, packaging and follow through!

Can't wait to get it on, just have to finish my rebuild first!

Great job!

Hey thanks John...glad you like it! Throw up some pics when you get it on after your rebuild!

Nick

Hey there Nick... how's it go'n? Ya know... I really thought you'd have another dozen or so more people jump'n in on this 2nd run Nick?

I don't think that "all" realize just how fabulous these "hatch spoilers" are/turned out? I don't see how they aren't aware?... but perhaps not having 1, or 2, in hand... they just can't really appreciate them! & w/ N8's decals... Oh My Goodness, they are"FIT!" Look'n forward to these on run 2 for sure! Thanx Nick!

^ Indeed Kidjc perhaps an item maybe only suited to the true SQ connoisseur ? ;) , a very subtle and well executed exacting copy of a pure "80s" accessory .

I'm not into the U.S roof spoiler ,them fugly widebody mudflaps and especially louvers ,however this little JDM gem was different and Nick did one hell of a job reproducing it .

Those who purchased one i'm sure love theirs as i do , those who didn't really missed out .

^ Indeed Kidjc perhaps an item maybe only suited to the true SQ connoisseur ? ;) , a very subtle and well executed exacting copy of a pure "80s" accessory .

I'm not into the U.S roof spoiler ,them fugly widebody mudflaps and especially louvers ,however this little JDM gem was different and Nick did one hell of a job reproducing it .

Those who purchased one i'm sure love theirs as i do , those who didn't really missed out .

Thanks Scotty! It has been a tremendous learning experience, and I had alot of fun doing it. Maybe I can get to a point financially where I can just produce them without having to run a group buy...then members could buy them on the spot and not have to wait between runs.

Welcome to the game Nikofab.... if you can't make 30% mark-up for time, materials, business costs, and the general risk of selling products to customers (yes there is liability here), then you can't afford to produce the part.... make a few for yourself and call it good.

I remember last year sitting on $2500 worth of hood struts and taking 12 months to sell them.... that was FUN.

The upside to all of this is that you will become very choosy in which parts you endeavor to produce, which makes you a wise business man. Now I realize it's not all about the money with these cars (I'm guilty too), but it's also not all about going into debt to appease members......just my 2.6cents

Welcome to the game Nikofab.... if you can't make 30% mark-up for time, materials, business costs, and the general risk of selling products to customers (yes there is liability here), then you can't afford to produce the part.... make a few for yourself and call it good.

I remember last year sitting on $2500 worth of hood struts and taking 12 months to sell them.... that was FUN.

The upside to all of this is that you will become very choosy in which parts you endeavor to produce, which makes you a wise business man. Now I realize it's not all about the money with these cars (I'm guilty too), but it's also not all about going into debt to appease members......just my 2.6cents

^ Telling it like it is ^

Hey Tim...good to hear from you. I see what you're saying...but I'm doing this for fun as much as profit...hence not making 30% markup! I've got a full-time that takes care of the bills and then some, so a large profit margin isn't my motivation. I just like cool car stuff. That's why I bought your chin spoiler, fog lamp covers, and hood struts! But you're right...the fun goes out of it if you go into debt...which I won't be doing. But I will probably make a few extra for anyone who may have missed the group buys.

Scotty...I hear you about the economics of the typical SQCer. That's was actually one of the reasons that drove me to do these spoilers...and to do them at a decent price. If I make a few bucks on the deal hey that's great. Plus it's pretty cool to see something you made on other people's cars!

Edited by NikoFab

How do they look on a completely louvered car? Anyone have that combo yet? That is rear hatch and side louvers..

I doubt it man , I can't see how you could mix the combo or why , be like the "beauty and the beast" !

I doubt it man , I can't see how you could mix the combo or why , be like the "beauty and the beast" !

Thanx Scotty... I was try'n to stay away from this one... believe you said it very well.

Yeah not sure why you'd want to do both even if you could. The louvers would keep you from being able to mount the spoiler...and even if you could, you'd probably have to bastardize your louvers, the spoiler brackets would have to be modified to account for louver spacing, and personally I think the look would be cluttered.