16 inch rims are not 16 inches, go figure.

Lance_S

No, the diameter. Straight across the lip. I always thought a 16 inch rim was actually 16 inches across from lip to lip bit it's 17 1/4.

I measured the diameter of a 17 inch rim and it's 18 1/4. Crazy...

if you throw a tape on the diameter of the rim from bead to bead, or basically the diameter of the rim itself, it's not 16", it's a little over 171/4. Or if you have a tire that is considered a 16" tire and you measure the inside diameter of the tire, again, it's not 16" I didn't realize that until I put a tape on it. Most people assume that if you have a 16" rim, it's actually 16", it's not. Just a fun fact, don't get your panties in a twist. Go measure you "16" inch rims and tell me what size your tape says they are.

Well, for gits and shiggles, I did go measure my wheels, and they DO measure 16 inches from bead to bead. Maybe you're not aware of what bead to bead means??

I dont have the car in front of me. I don't troll. I will check it when I get home, maybe I was just reading my tape wrong. I have made mistakes before believe it or not. My bad I guess. Sorry for the confusion.