what can i expect power wise

so as it sits now i am in the process of rebuilding my engine and im curious to know what i may expect out of this motor and still be well in the safe range. list of current rebuild items are:

new m28 head casting

1mm oversized valves

schnider springs

cam, rockers and spring seats where reused. everything else new (stock)

weisco 8-1 forged pistons .030 over

new rings

felpro upper and lower gasket set

arp rod bolts

new head bolts

all new berings in the block (keeping balance shafts)

all timing components new

14b turbo

2.5 inche DP and exhaust

1g mass

so anywho im hoping that this will be good for a safe 250ish hp. is this a realistic goal for the mods listed is there anything i may have left out that is important to do. i would really like to hear from those that are actually running 250ish+ hp. i value your experience and your knowledge.. thanx in advance, cory

Well I am personally against the 1g mass. I think it is not such a great mod on a car you drive more than once a week.

Out of all of your list you forgot one of the main things that will affect horsepower. The boost your run. Do you have a wideband gauge? With the 1g and 14b turbo you might be able to sqeeze something like 18psi out of it on stock injectors (unsure) and hit your 250whp mark.

Also I hope you have an aftermarket boost gauge because the stock one is TOTAL crap for anything higher than stock boost.

Yes i do have an aem wideband already installed as well as an aftermarket boost gauge. and im not sure of the amount of boost i will run on the 14b.. i have yet to actually run the 14b on my car since my stock 12a went out the day before i pulled the motor. bad turbo had nothing to do with rebuilding though..lol.

and what reason do you have for not liking the 1g. im not trying to criticize you.. just wanna know your reason why. i like facts and proven theories..XD

Edited by coryvodder

I run 18psi on my 14b I got the same head as you and got the 1g in my car my wideband says 10.9 at full boost and 12's when spooling. I think you should atleast be at the 230 to 250 mark. You could run a MAF-T and lean her out a little to get some more ponies