I have had an idea

white quest ky

I was driving my best friends 91 dakota today with the 3.9liter v6 the truck has a posi rear end and I decided why not do a burnout so I did lit em up for atleast 120ft if not more the motor is just a torque slut (ill post a pic tomorrow) but has anyone ever swapped this motor into a montero or starquest if so id like your opinions my friend has a dak w a v6/ 5spd setup that id love to put in the monty

If you're going to do that, might as well go magnum v8. They're pretty much the same with 2 more cylinders. Mounts are the same, bellhousing bolt patterns are the same.....all with more ponies...lol

But, people have built those engines in Dakotas with superchargers and such and made some pretty decent numbers.

If you're going to do that, might as well go magnum v8. They're pretty much the same with 2 more cylinders. Mounts are the same, bellhousing bolt patterns are the same.....all with more ponies...lol

There is no way I'd with the v6, if your going to do the swap do the V8 with the reasons listed above, plus the fact the V8 has 10X as much aftermarket.

Ive thought about the v8 but from the looks of it I dont believe a 360 as originally planned would fit in my montero and besides the v6 is great on gas produces great numbers and it weighs less I just wanna know if anyone has done it