E30?

strang3majik

Since no one wants to trade me a Quest for my 200sx :P

What do you guys think about a BMW E30? The late 80s early 90s body style?

I Love the look of them and I know they handle excellent...not sure how they run or how bad the typical BMW problems are...

so this is where you guys come in.

Are they good cars? Solid cars that can take some beating and don't break down on a daily basis? I'm saying as a whole...naturally if it wasn't taken care of it won't be a good car.

But...thoughts? I'd love to get a car to autocross/track and would just love to have a good looking car again (form and function...not just function like the 200sx...lol).

So...what do you guys think? Obviously it'd have to be a 5 speed....but yea...thought?

what fanta said. rwd, great handling potential, and an aftermarket that goes from mild to racecar. plus, i think an e30 with tasteful mods is hot.

i could skip the carbon fiber, but...

http://jonsibal.com/blog/wp-content/gallery/bfest2009_2/bfest09_005.jpg

Edited by lmwii

I love and hate you guys at the same time...hahaha. But, yea, I love the look of them with a few exterior mods, just a good clean, sexy car. And, as small as they are, plus the fact they're BMW, and they're RWD, they have a lot of potential with handling and all.

I'm not worried about it being the fastest thing, just want something fun, and I've always liked and wanted one.

Well...guess time to see what I can come up with...haha.

Anyone else with thoughts please feel free to comment.

E30s are great and the possibilities are limitless. The aftermarket is good with lots of suspension options and the motor can be swapped easily or turboed. I say go for it IF someone is willing to trade but you should be able to find one pretty cheap.