Magna heads/Marnal head

randy

The M6, M7 and M8 are the ones to get, the port geometry, specificaly at the valve seat is superior. I haven't flowed one personaly, but several others have and the mumbers all say about the same things you jsut stated.

Just from looking at it, you can tell it's a better flowing design. the M-9 is a rare high compression head, but the port geometry is the same as the M6,7,8's.

I'm curious about these magna heads myself, i've only seen pictures of the ports and from what i can see, is they are pretty much the same configuration as a stock/marnal/m28, the seats appear to be in the same location as well as the entry point on the intake side meaning that they all have a poorly designed runner, but it is what it is for this style head.

I haven't flowed a magna head, but i have flowed the others and they all are pretty much the same except for the aftermarket ones being thicker in material.

on the magna, the port floor is raised and radiused where the stocker is just a flat sharp shelf (vey turbulant). The inlet and valve seats are in the same location, but the runner is differently shaped. It's designed for more laminar flow to the valve seat.