I know I have been scarce around lately.....pic heavy

UlrichWolf

He didn't really complain about that....it was the radiator drain that shot out like a bullet that really got him pissed.

Tim

To expand on this story a bit, the previous radiator in the truck had the typical drain spigot at the bottom. Unthread the cap and it drained out of a handy little nipple. Well, the new radiator we put in last week wasn't quite the same. I didn't bother looking at it close and with a hot and pressurized system, I gave the handle a twist. The only problem was that after a little over a quarter turn, it SHOT out of the radiator and we suddenly had a half inch hole with 13 psi behind it DUMPING coolant on the engine/ground.

After a moment of fumbling with containing the leak, I finally pulled my head out of my butt and jammed the plug back in. Thankfully with this weather, the coolant in the radiator is 120 F, at best. Hot, but not so much as a 1st degree burn.

Come to find out, this handy POS radiator uses a quarter turn plug with hardly any means of retaining it past that point and no handle nipple to drain from. Pissed was a bit of an understatement, I was FUMING.

Five minutes later, it was business as usual.. :lol:

I thought my truck was Light Almond Pearl?

Tim

it is...... i was thinking of my PT that was the same color, but with a name change :blink: cause ima dweeb

Dodge Ram

Color Description Paint Code Year(s) Available

Atlantic Blue Pearl BJ 2002-2006

Black X8 2002-2006

Blaze Red / Inferno Red Crystal RH 2006-Up

Bright Silver Metallic S2 2002-Up

Bright White W7 2002-Up

Brilliant Black Crystal XR 2007

Cool Vanilla WG 2006

Dark Garnet Red RV 2002-2003

Deep Molten Red R8 2004-2005

Electric Blue B5 2007