'87 Starion $3000 in Colorado

vinmaxesir

With 4 cars, 3 bikes, and only 2 drivers in my family,,,,,,,,,,,, it's come time to sell my daily driven Starion.

I've just purchased an Acura TL for our family, so it's time for my beloved Starion and me to part ways.

This car's exterior is a 8/10. No rust through anywhere on the car. Paint is not new but looks nice.

The car's interior is a 8/10. No cracked dash or torn seats. Just wear as normal for a car of this age.

The car's mechanical is a 8/10. Passed emissions, and is daily driven. Could use an alignment I think, as the car seems a bit loose in the steering. All these cars get this way with age. I did replace the steering box years ago, but I think it's the rubber bushing that is kind of old and loose. Drives fine and stable on the highway, but in the city on rutty roads, it kind of catches the 'lines' in the road a bit. But I only drive it 10 miles each day, so I didn't bother with it.

Car is reliable as hell. Starts each and every day. Winter or Summer.

I have MasterCraft Glacier Grip II tires on the rear. Tires are amazing in the winter. Ready for winter driving! The front tires are good also, but not new like the rear.

I've had this car since 2004. It was purchased from an enthusiast in Washington state. He told me he rebuilt the engine and replaced the head with a non-jet valve head. He also removed the balancer shafts.

I daily drove the car since then. The car has over 120,000 miles, but the speedometer shows 9X,XXX. I replaced it because the original did not work. The odometer worked, but not the speedo. Now the speedo is out again. Seems to work when it's warm, but not cold.

The car has had 4 rebuilt calipers installed by me. I also replaced the stock rotors with some eBay rotors that are drilled and slotted, along with steel braided brake lines and new pads.

I had the 5 speed rebuilt years ago by AAMCO. It was getting really noisy. Now it has a MK1 short shifter installed, and a Redline shifter boot.

The A/C works, although it now has 134a refrigerant.

The radio works.

The clock, tach, boost gauge, etc all work. *Just not the speedometer,,,, but odometer works.

Driver's side automatic seat belt does not work. I have the motor/seatbelt assembly that I will include with the car if you want to replace it and make the driver's seat belt work.

Passenger side seat belt works fine.

The horns do work, but are disconnected. I replaced the steering wheel with the one I had in my old '84 Starion, and it's getting reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old. The horn got stuck on, so I just disconnected them. It's not the horn problem, but the steering wheel itself.

The steering wheel would probably need to be replaced for the horn to work again. It was never a really expensive wheel when I got it. Just one of those cheaper aftermarket wheels.

Ask, ask, ask, me anything you want. I've had this car for years, and can't remember everything that was done to it, either by me or the previous owner.

NO it's not perfect. Not even close. BUT, it's a great looking car, and reliable as hell like I said before. You can daily drive this, or return it to it's former glory and make it a show and go car.

One more thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,, notice the '83 hood? I installed that years ago. Looks great.I also replaced the broken '87 air dam with a later model '88 dam. Bought it new and had it painted to match the rest of the car.

Check out my pics on Photobucket:

http://s1096.photobu...on%205%20Speed/

Thanks for looking, and feel free to contact me directly at: vinmon@hotmail.com

I live in Broomfield, Colorado.

Vinnie

• 2 weeks later...

***SOLD***

With 4 cars, 3 bikes, and only 2 drivers in my family,,,,,,,,,,,, it's come time to sell my daily driven Starion.

I've just purchased an Acura TL for our family, so it's time for my beloved Starion and me to part ways.

This car's exterior is a 8/10. No rust through anywhere on the car. Paint is not new but looks nice.

The car's interior is a 8/10. No cracked dash or torn seats. Just wear as normal for a car of this age.

The car's mechanical is a 8/10. Passed emissions, and is daily driven. Could use an alignment I think, as the car seems a bit loose in the steering. All these cars get this way with age. I did replace the steering box years ago, but I think it's the rubber bushing that is kind of old and loose. Drives fine and stable on the highway, but in the city on rutty roads, it kind of catches the 'lines' in the road a bit. But I only drive it 10 miles each day, so I didn't bother with it.

Car is reliable as hell. Starts each and every day. Winter or Summer.

I have MasterCraft Glacier Grip II tires on the rear. Tires are amazing in the winter. Ready for winter driving! The front tires are good also, but not new like the rear.

I've had this car since 2004. It was purchased from an enthusiast in Washington state. He told me he rebuilt the engine and replaced the head with a non-jet valve head. He also removed the balancer shafts.

I daily drove the car since then. The car has over 120,000 miles, but the speedometer shows 9X,XXX. I replaced it because the original did not work. The odometer worked, but not the speedo. Now the speedo is out again. Seems to work when it's warm, but not cold.

The car has had 4 rebuilt calipers installed by me. I also replaced the stock rotors with some eBay rotors that are drilled and slotted, along with steel braided brake lines and new pads.

I had the 5 speed rebuilt years ago by AAMCO. It was getting really noisy. Now it has a MK1 short shifter installed, and a Redline shifter boot.

The A/C works, although it now has 134a refrigerant.

The radio works.

The clock, tach, boost gauge, etc all work. *Just not the speedometer,,,, but odometer works.

Driver's side automatic seat belt does not work. I have the motor/seatbelt assembly that I will include with the car if you want to replace it and make the driver's seat belt work.

Passenger side seat belt works fine.

The horns do work, but are disconnected. I replaced the steering wheel with the one I had in my old '84 Starion, and it's getting reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy old. The horn got stuck on, so I just disconnected them. It's not the horn problem, but the steering wheel itself.

The steering wheel would probably need to be replaced for the horn to work again. It was never a really expensive wheel when I got it. Just one of those cheaper aftermarket wheels.

Ask, ask, ask, me anything you want. I've had this car for years, and can't remember everything that was done to it, either by me or the previous owner.

NO it's not perfect. Not even close. BUT, it's a great looking car, and reliable as hell like I said before. You can daily drive this, or return it to it's former glory and make it a show and go car.

One more thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,, notice the '83 hood? I installed that years ago. Looks great.I also replaced the broken '87 air dam with a later model '88 dam. Bought it new and had it painted to match the rest of the car.

Check out my pics on Photobucket:

http://s1096.photobu...on%205%20Speed/

Thanks for looking, and feel free to contact me directly at: vinmon@hotmail.com

I live in Broomfield, Colorado.

Vinnie