starter bolts

jason c

hey guys i was taking off my starter the other nite and found one of the bolts where missing and ive tried several places today to replace it with no luck does anybody have an extra bolt laying around or good place to find replacement i ha went to a parts store here and then to fastenal then to lowes thanks jason c

According to professor quest in here http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=980

They are both 60 mm long with is a little over 2 and 1/4 inches. Bring one of the bellhousing bolts down to your local hardware store to make sure you get the right pitch and just get two new ones!

Starter bolts have a long shoulder on them because the holes in the tin plate and bellhousing are sloppy. The tranny bolts do not because its aligned up by two dowel pins.

I was just about to chime in with that. So yes, if you dont get the right bolts or when you pull your engine from your tranny and you mix up all the bolts, make sure you get the right bolts back in there. Otherwise you will have grinding starter problems.