stock casset player stuck on!?!?

kyle's89quest

So i get into my car this morning and hear this noise in the dash like somthing is running. Upon farther inspection... my casset player mechanism is running with the key not even in. When i turn the ignition on, the radio turns on and the casset thing stops running. But the second i turn power off, it turns on lol. Has anyone had this problem?

That would make sense... but its all original wiring back there. Also the casset player is the only thing that has power. The radio does not. I was thinking somthing with the Etacs but idk if they control the radio. Also nothing else is going wrong.

If the factory deck thinks a cassette is in the mechanism, it automatically ejects it when the vehicle is shut off. Odds are some small metal sensor contacts are bent on your unit - there are contact switches that say "cassette inserted part-way in case user hits the PLAY button" and "transport mechanism is in the fully loaded/ready to play position." This second set is what triggers the auto-eject logic. Either that, or the mechanism is jammed a bit; a busted or stretched drive belt (expensive rubber band) will cause this too.

mike c.

lmao... yeah ive tried pressing the buttons. Ive even tried the slight frustration "slap" on the side on the consol. Still no dice. I guess ill just deal with it until my new one comes in. We have had alot of fog and condensation and such lately. Maby that had somthing to do with it.

Also i have no kids to put pennies in the slot. Gambling is illegal around here anyway.