clutch problems

Starionboy84

1 of 3 times my clutch wont work as it should. Suddenly it falls straight to the floor with no pressure.

Its like it isnt bleed right, but Ive tried 10 times to bleed it, and I even went to a shop and made them bleed the system. Still no good!

The last thing I can think of is that my clutch is wrong. I bought a 240 mm ACT clutch, but Im actually not shure if the european models have 225 mm clutch.

My Starion is a European model, but Im not shure if the clutch is 225 or 240 mm.

Any ideas?

Diameter of the disc and hole pattern of the pressure plate won't matter their overall height is the same.

Either the master or the slave is worn and bypassing the fluid inside the cylinder or there is still air in there. Have you replaced the master or slave? After you bench bleed the master, which you can do when its installed just cover the hole where the line goes while the pedal is lifted up so that the fluid is drawn into the cylinder rather than the air coming from where the line goes or suck the air back in that's in the line and do that a couple times, remove the bleeder and let the fluid just run out and refill it at least two times and don't let it run out or it will suck in more air.

The bubbles will disperse when you pump the pedal and it will work for awhile. When they collect again it won't. Just get a quart of fluid and a container to catch what runs out the bleeder and just take it out and let it run and keep the reservoir filled up and the bubbles will run out the bottom with the fluid. When they bleed it they don't get the entire systems voume of fluid out and since the line is vertical, the bubbles are pulled down then while they draw some more vacuum to draw again, the bubbles have time to go back up so you are just wasting your timing using one of those hand vacuum pumps to do this.