WTS/WTT '86 Widebody in TX. $2500 obo

starhunter

Ill be moving out of state and cant keep the car around. Its a white '86 widebody with leather burgundy interior, either has 90k or 120k miles. I bought this a few years ago for 2500 with the engine recently rebuilt and put another 1000 into it with a full new A/C professional install including under dash. The other half went to a mechanic for a TB rebuild, new injectors(not used) and new injector clips.

cut and paste from the previous owner:

So far I've rebuilt the engine having the following done... balance shaft eliminated. new timing kit along with chain and guides. new non jet valve head with mechanical rockers, new valves, valve springs, camshaft, and oil pump. had crank turned .10 and diamond honed. stock pistons on shot peened rods with total seal rings and ausja head gasket. new water pump, new alternator. thats all i can think of right now... the rockers need adjusted now too after having the engine broke in.

The exterior is a 7-8 out of 10, the paint is nice along with the air dam. The issues are on the driver corner of the air dam which is hardly noticeable, the rear bumper corner has a paint rub from a parking lot situation and one of the headlights raises but doesnt lower. One of the starion taillights cracked so we replaced it with a pair of conquest tails.

The interior is at least an 8 out of 10. Some expected scuffing on the drivers seat with no tears. There is a gouge in the leather piece in front of a rear speaker. The stereo is stock with steering controls and working antenna. Still has the adjustable EQ with flip down screen. Armrest storage opens and closes but is not connected.

The car has had an issue since before I got it. Long story short: I can drive it for about 40 minutes before it gets a pulling sensation while cruising or decel until it overcomes the car. It sits for 30 minutes then cranks right back up. May be an easy fix for you but my underhood skills have waned the past few years.

Comes with a nearly complete (minus front seats) black cloth "checkered" interior.

Thermal Research 3" in and out muffler

TEP downpipe

Larger radiator with required mechanical fan (all 3 uninstalled)

with the add ons Im starting at $2500 but am open to offers and trades.

what I need: full size or small truck, vw or subaru wagon, coupe or sedan with yakima or thule roof rack attached.

With payment I may be able to pull this west through AZ,NM, and CA for all those "youre too far away" guys.

long but thorough

post-5789-0-77929000-1314095622_thumb.jpg

post-5789-0-53396700-1314095819_thumb.jpg

post-5789-0-05145600-1314095832_thumb.jpg

Edited by starhunter

I forgot to mention before that id throw some cash in on a trade.

Can I get some feedback on pricing? Too high, just right? She's a really good looking star in and out, stout rebuild with some goodies.

Edited by starhunter