LiveWire 87 Conquest update

LiveWire

Well got the car to the house and could not what to get out of work. Put the battery charger on but no go bad battery so I jump start it. It runs so I say "Bonus!" because i really didn't care if the car started or not but this is cool. First thing I check for is the fuel like the nice lady that sold me the car said was wrong with it in the first place. Low and behold gray injector is leaking fuel. So I know this is not a big deal as long as the injector is not cracked. I order a TBI rebuild kit for 14 bucks should be here Friday. So maybe if the the injector is not cracked I may hold off and just drive this thing till the weather cools off to start braking it down for engine swap and MPI work up.

rebuilding an engine that you have ran for a time is always better then rebuilding an unknow block or assy

i would sugest an imediate oil and filter change tho as theres likely some fuel in the oil

careful inspection as any engine is torn down will tell you volumes of info about the engines condition , so don't rip and tear it apart, inspect each and every part and keep brgs with rods etc

for example if an engine has a spun rod brg,,you need to find the reason why befor it ever goes back togather if not it's likely to do the same thing again , same with a blown head gasket,, a bad head gasket was not the cause but it was cause'd by something else normaly over heating or over boosting

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone just a small update for my new red 87 Conquest. (1) replaced clutch and serviced tranny (2) replaced all coolent hoses flushed system and refulled 50/50 mix (3) Used as much Meguiars car stuff I could find to get that Red paint back to a nice rich shine Love Meguiar's.

Going to get her registerd and on the road today so I can drive it some and get a feel for the car and what to look for are problem areas befor the complet Overhaul. Cant wait!! I cant beleave how good it feels to be working on my dreams agein.

Jeff