Tranny and Starter Bolts

Jason

Yesterday my car wouldn't start due to the starter not engaging the flywheel. When I looked underneath the car today, I found that one of the starter bolts was missing and the other was loose which was causing my issue. I also noticed that I am missing a couple of tranny bolts as well.

Does anyone know the size, length, thread pitch etc. of the bolts for the tranny and starter? Was hoping to pick them up at a hardware store.

Thanks...

Might ask for some used ones, the starter bolts have a shoulder on them and they need to have a washer head if not use washers with them. Take your bolt that's still there with you so you get the right thread pitch. Those bolts all have to be tight or they will vibrate out especially if you have done a BSEK and didn't have the crankshaft balanced that can shake bolts out of every hole.

10mm diameter washer head -Top two are short, 40mm, lower two are low, 65mm and the two starter bolts have a shoulder on them and are medium length maybe 60mm the parts manual doesn't give a lenght on those but it says 60mm for the diesel starter.