ls swap

saintjohntrucks

Well, I could not sale my quest, so I decided to do a v8 swap. I liked the swap by convette,and talked to lepore. was wanting to know what to strip out of the engine bay. I know the motor and tranny. I want to install a 5.3 or 4.8 with a t-56. can i use the factory clutch pedal and reserve, what about the brake booster. I'm looking to do a simple install keep factory steering, want a nice daily driver. any ideas on the small details,i.e.(motor mounts,radiator size, wiring harness, trans mount, what on the quest can be reused?) this is the info that I'm looking for. Thanks in advance

Ok so i don't know if the stock clutch master cylinder will work, but i have mine hooked up to the t-56's hydro throwout bearing and will find out when i start the car up sometime in the next coming week. My stock booster cleared fine. Youll have to go with a gto oil pan and pick up tube. With that setup the pan will basically lay in the stock subframe perfect. Making the trans fit was the biggest pain ever i hobe you or your friends are good at metal fab. Youll also need to make headers as the stockers are too wide. As for motor mounts i went with these http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-LS6-Chevy-Weld-In-Motor-Mounts,7631.html Im re-using my stock replacement aluminum radiator. The trans mount is super far back on the t-56 aswell so the stock one can't really be used in its original location. As for wiring try and get a wiring harness from a 99-0 something f-body and then send it to someone to get it gone through and thinned out. Im running a stock ecu thats been tuned to loose all the unnecessary crap out of it. Hope this helped.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey, went to the holley ls fest in bowling green. man what a show. Learned alot about my swap and found afew vendors interested in the swap. there was a ls in almost everything you could think of. hell even a fiero , and a fox body mustang. Learned the best route to go is a complete rolled or wrecked camaro or gto. gut and stuff, then sale whats' left.