Pusher fan with clutch fan setup

Edde

Hey I switched to a mech cooling fan which is fantastic but realized today my pusher fan isn't going with A/C on. Fan works fine. Do I need to ground something with the secondary thermosensor or what? Keep in mind I'm marginally competent reading wiring stuff so if you can explain this please be very specific. :)

I've checked relays I think all are good, in fact it all worked fine with the electric fans. What am I missing?

Edited by Edde

No thoughts?

Turns out I do have battery volts at the harness side connector so it's not grounding. I'm just not certain if other parts of the system need to be in place or in other words:

under what conditions will the pusher fan work and not work.

So it's mostly solved I don't have enough coolant pressure to make the ac switch kick it on and the secondary temp sensor at least must be wired. Not sure because I wired the motor and sensor in at one point and while the sec motor cycled with the ac, the pusher didn't start. With the mechanical setup I hardly need the thing except stopped in bad traffic. Right now the switch is jumped so it runs on the key.

but what about all them lost horses ;)

5-10 horses can be traded for some dd reliability. If I could fit a clutch fan in my car with the Mustang Griffin that resides in my car now, believe me, I would do it in a heartbeat. And I'm saying these kinds of things to someone who knows infinitely more than me about these cars, and cars in general. :blush:

I'll shut up know.

Cheers,

James

but what about all them lost horses ;)

Lol, yeah I thought about that - for maybe 3 seconds :lol:

I'll trade those horses for my 24 year old electric system peace of mind. Plus it was like school again getting my feeble mind to make sense of the diagrams. Now if I can only remember to strap up my vac lines so they don't get carved up again like last night. :huh:

It was at your suggestion that I decided to go this way ;)