2nd Gen MAF-T Install on 87-89 Starquest

Update: Can't believe how much time I fiddled with it until all I did was change the input to 3.5" MAF. Though the 3" definitely still installed. Instantaneous improvement and the car idles perfect and pulls hard as hell. Just set the mainscale back to about -15 to -20 and try. Car pulls hella hard with afr's in the 14's. Yum. Dyno sheet and vid coming ASAP. Remember a wideband makes this a cinch.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

boosted, how did you utilize the GM MAF- 1G adapter harness you linked up there ^?

I'm purchasing this in the next day or two. I have a GM MAF, but no plug or harness for the GM MAF. does this unit come with the GM MAF plug like the gen 1 kits?

-Justin

edit: wait I think I got it, You use that adapter to plug the GM MAF into the cars MAS plug by the fender, and then the MAFT intercepts the signal inside by the ECU to alter it. correct?

-Justin

Edited by NudeLobster

• 1 month later...

Boosted, what system settings did you have to get the car started for the first time? I can't even get the car to stay running longer than 1-2 seconds and I'm really lost/frusterated/confused.

Mine is blow through 3" MAF. IAT and Baro at set values of 2.2v for IAT and 4v for Baro.

-Justin

Boosted77. If the car is feeling that good please take it to a dyno for some tuning or have a competent tuner that knows the translator tune it on the street.

If your afr is 14's when on boost on TBI you are going to be grabbing your wallet soon. It will feel good because it is lean. Fuel needs to be enriched a little and a proper timing adjustment needs to be made at that point. SQR, how are you adjusting timing on your set up?