Need info on 5.0 ford swap!

19red88quest

ive been researching the 5.0 swap but nobodys thread has really been detailed enough to answer my questions.

if anybody out there with knoledge on these if you could answer my questions thatd be awsome.

im trying to decide witch would be a better swap between this or a 2jz

what have you guys done for motor mounts?

what all is needed to do to fit the motor in ?

whats needed to fit a t5 tranny in?

does anybody sell a wiring harness customized for this swap or would i have to do it my self?

any guesses on how much it would be to do the swap minus the motor cost?

i know i have more questions i just cant think of them .. if theres anything else i should know please let me know.

thanks

Edited by 19red88quest

Im surprised you didnt get much info from my build thread.Im sure i covered the motor mounts.i used stock ford mounts,you may have to bend the tunnel some for the t-5 but not much.Ford racing Performance makes a simplified harness for engine swaps for around 500 bucks. If you already have the engine and trans you can figure 500 for the harness,200 for a drive shaft 150 for an alum.radiator and maybe a few fittings here and there.it really just depends on how far you want to take it.hope this helps.It also requires an hyd.slave cyl. to convert the trans.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62695

Im surprised you didnt get much info from my build thread.Im sure i covered the motor mounts.i used stock ford mounts,you may have to bend the tunnel some for the t-5 but not much.Ford racing Performance makes a simplified harness for engine swaps for around 500 bucks. If you already have the engine and trans you can figure 500 for the harness,200 for a drive shaft 150 for an alum.radiator and maybe a few fittings here and there.it really just depends on how far you want to take it.hope this helps.It also requires an hyd.slave cyl. to convert the trans.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62695

didnt see your thread last time i looked for some reason. if you dont mind me asking, how much are you into your swap minus what you spent on the engine/ tranny. basically, what did it cost to drop the motor in and get it running?

When i first did a 5.0 swap,it was less than 1,000 bucks.I used the stock ford harness.Really the only thing i had to buy was pipes for the exhaust and a radiator.a couple compression fittings from Advance Auto for the power steering lines,a few hoses for the heater core.theres really not that much but there will be a few things here and there.

• 2 weeks later...
When I did my 5.0 swap I also used the stock mustang engine mounts. For the transmission mount I got a short mount from Carquest. (can remember the part #) I ran the '94-'95 front accessories and waterpump to allow more room for the radiator and fans. I used a front sump oilpan from the early 302's.

• 1 month later...