I Love Seeing Our Cars On The Road.

Dave-O

Its' a rare occasion for me here in Utah [anywhere, really] to see another Conquest or Starion being driven. Just something about knowing someone else labors to keep another one on the road satisfies me.

I spotted this '88 SHP Conquest at Harbor Freight in SLC yesterday - no airdam, an interesting "bash-bar" for the intercooler, and great-condition SHP wheels all around. Granted a lot of the interior was missing and there were some no-name reclining buckets installed, but it had some nice Autometer gauges in the console, the body was relatively straight, and it even had the OEM adjustable Koni's still. I left a note saying if he needed any parts to give me a call. I completely spaced tossing SQC's URL on the note, but here's to hoping he'll drop me a line and I can tell him in person. Caught a smidge of my daily Rx7 in the first pic.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1456/imag0017qk.jpg

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/741/imag0018z.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/637/imag0019ya.jpg

Really inspires me to get mine running and registered again.

Maybe he's just trying to prevent another instance of FMIC wreckage ... I mean, the airdam is missing, haha.

I'm inclined to think its' owned by someone who knows whats up. Even if it was spray-painted [lots of runs and very cloudy].

haha around here if an rx7 guy left a note on my car it could only mean one thing. He wants to buy my wheels.

LMAO

I actually am waiting on some small slip-on spacers and wide front fenders to put my non-SHP 8"s up front, and the SHP 9"s out back on my Rx7. I'm currently rolling on a mismatched set of MB Drifters and stock Mazda GXL swirlies, with a welded diff gaps on the freeway are a nightmare haha.

Maybe he's just trying to prevent another instance of FMIC wreckage ... I mean, the airdam is missing, haha.

I'm inclined to think its' owned by someone who knows whats up. Even if it was spray-painted [lots of runs and very cloudy].

whats up dave, im another owner here in slc, this car was on ksl just over a month ago, so who ever was driving it is the new owner.

whats up dave, im another owner here in slc, this car was on ksl just over a month ago, so who ever was driving it is the new owner.

Awesome! Another Utah guy!

I noticed the temp tag in the window on that red SHP expired the day I took the pic, I wonder if he got it to pass the first time. I reg'd mine in Cedar City so I only needed to pass a safety inspection, haha.

What part of SLC are you in? My cars are in Layton, but I live in Sandy. We should kick it for a bit, I'd like to check out your car sometime man. If you need parts, let me know, I've got a few haha.