MAS

Vnomous1

Gang,

Wondering if someone can explain the differences in the MAS. I have two types...all of my SQ's are intercooled 87-89. However, I believe I have a bad one on one of my 87's, I have two types but the wiring is different. On one the wiring attaches at the bottom, near the honeycomb. The other attaches near the middle. Which one is right for the 87-89 intercooled turbo cars? thanks.

The ones that plug in from the bottom are the 83-85s they are definetly not for any intercooled models and the plugs are different from your 87 harness so you can't plug them in anyway. There are intercooled round top plug units from the 85.5-86s and you can't use those with the 87 they are missing one sensor that's in the OVCP on the 83-86s. The 87-89 are all the same and have the rectangular 6pin plug. If you really want to change wiring you can swap any of them or use one from a DSM. Why do you think one is bad? I hope its not from that lame "code" because it will throw that code just if the engine dies.

The ones that plug in from the bottom are the 83-85s they are definetly not for any intercooled models and the plugs are different from your 87 harness so you can't plug them in anyway. There are intercooled round top plug units from the 85.5-86s and you can't use those with the 87 they are missing one sensor that's in the OVCP on the 83-86s. The 87-89 are all the same and have the rectangular 6pin plug. If you really want to change wiring you can swap any of them or use one from a DSM. Why do you think one is bad? I hope its not from that lame "code" because it will throw that code just if the engine dies.

Thanks for th reply Indy.

The plugs are the same, but on the AFS itself there are two wires. On one, the wires are near the honey comb (bottom), soldered in to some sort of resistor and on the other one, the two wires are soldered into some sort of reisitor, but about half way up and between those two open tube/portions. I believe it may be bad becuase of the crappy idle...otherwise the engine performs very well.

No vacuum leaks I can find and everything seems tight. You know me...stock configuration.