Brain Tumor guys, beleive it or not

jwrape

we dont keep a whole lots of contact even though we live in the same town.

The way I look at it, I'm not an overly needy friend, meaning that I can not see you in years and then run up on you at the gas station and it's like old times, not weird feelings. I don't need my friends to call me every week to still be my friend.

For instance, one of my best friends since I was 5 years old has lived in Tennessee for the past 4 years. Needless to say we haven't seen each other in a few years. He happened to call a couple days after I found out just to chat and catch up and all he had to say after I told him was "where is the surgery and when do you want me there?" He showed up the day before my surgery with his entire family and stayed until after the surgery to make sure I was fine.

He actually teared up after seeing I was ok. It about broke me up.

He's a true friend and I consider people in my life like this, the same.

Talk all the time or not, a friend is there for you in the hard times and I found out how many true friends I have through all this.... There were a lot more friends than I ever realized.

Grant, just stating you would have been there means a lot to me. All the support got me through this. Thanks buddy!

Just my 2 cents on the subject. :-)

Edited by jwrape

The way I look at it, I'm not an overly needy friend, meaning that I can not see you in years and then run up on you at the gas station and it's like old times, not weird feelings. I don't need my friends to call me every week to still be my friend.

For instance, one of my best friends since I was 5 years old has lived in Tennessee for the past 4 years. Needless to say we haven't seen each other in a few years. He happened to call a couple days after I found out just to chat and catch up and all he had to say after I told him was "where is the surgery and when do you want me there?" He showed up the day before my surgery with his entire family and stayed until after the surgery to make sure I was fine.

He actually teared up after seeing I was ok. It about broke me up.

He's a true friend and I consider people in my life like this, the same.

Talk all the time or not, a friend is there for you in the hard times and I found out how many true friends I have through all this.... There were a lot more friends than I ever realized.

Grant, just stating you would have been there means a lot to me. All the support got me through this. Thanks buddy!

Just my 2 cents on the subject. :-)

yea, i know what you mean about the friends that you dont see everyday. ive got a few like that and i have to say you do give that aire. that of which might not see you for awhile, but when you do its like i just saw you yesterday. and its perfectly fine. and in the future, dont forget man, im just on the other side of town. dont hesitate to call and you dont need a reason. grant