custom mpi intake and t5 tranny v8 bellhousing adapter plate

Ron Burgandy

9 members have voted

1. 1. would you be interested

• yes
    • no
    • undecided

My friends and family in this area do a lot of work with BOPORT RACING. A machine shop out in cali. They do astounding work. And the turn around time is also astounding. They do work for fords and a few other car brands including MOPAR cars. So naturally I'm sending him my head for my g54b to have worked over.

I recently sent him an email to see if he could make a mpi intake for my head while it will be out there.

I made the suggestion about the rest of the guys on here having problems finding parts or having to modify everything to fit and asked if he would be willing to start making them as production so it would be direct bolt on. Minus wiring.

Also I asked if he could do a t5 tranny plate to fit the v8 bellhousing to the engine to give a wide veriety of clutches and easier swaps and whatnots.

I'm curios to see who would be willing if he decided to do this. I'm currently awaiting his reply to cost and hastle.

Why would you vote no to this? Who wouldn't be intrersted in a direct bolt on mpi intake no more buying a $300-$400 dollar intake to still have to mod to fix you would pay the same price for one that direct bolts on and supports bigger HP numbers if needed. And an easier tranny swap with bigger better clutches to choose from? I see nuttin but positive stuff here so why vote no?

Why would you vote no to this? Who wouldn't be intrersted in a direct bolt on mpi intake no more buying a $300-$400 dollar intake to still have to mod to fix you would pay the same price for one that direct bolts on and supports bigger HP numbers if needed. And an easier tranny swap with bigger better clutches to choose from? I see nuttin but positive stuff here so why vote no?

then why have a poll if you dont want people opinions? also, i bought my intake for 450 modded and ready to roll.. not a bad price.. its hard to sell an idea, alot harder than a product.. if you get something done and its direct bolt on and you can have some feed back, it would be easier to get people in on it.. the magna is tried and tested. it works great..

Well I mean people voted no with no explination I figured all this would be a good thing so I was curious as to why they didn't see it this way. I know magna is tried and true but this would give another option and be direct bolt on and not have to be modded at all. I know the tranny plate might be alittle much right now but its still an idea I was suggesting for the time being. With another intake to chose from you have better selection and it would be easier to locate as it would come from boport. Not from trying to track down on ebay or find from someone else.

And your right if I had the product in had it would be easier to sell and I will after the holidays when I ship my head to him (gotta get money after xmas lol) but I'm trying to see if there are enough people interested for him to even bother considering the process of making them as production peices.

Edited by Ron Burgandy

what would be the price of a full bolt on intake, that uses the stock thermostat and hose, all fittings and everything ready to be plug and play? so all one would have to do is bolt the intake up, get the sensors needed and run it?

sneaky edit there.. lol.. get yours made, you not going to sell people an intake just saying, he its a bolt on, you need specifics, what kind of design, anything. lol..

Edited by 19cturbo

The problem with the magna intake is it was never designed to make big power, it was setup for a 100ish hp na motor and the long runners gave the car torque. The issue with that is when you have a turbo on that motor you end up with a metric ton of torque (transmission killing torque) and almost no horsepower. The way to build a high horse power turbo motor is to try and make as much power N/A as you can and then pull as much cam overlap as you can out and drop the compression and add a turbo.

Now if you start with a nice high flowing short runner intake setup to make horsepower rather then low end torque and a cam with a lot of lift and duration you can start making close to or upward of 200hp N/A and for every bar of boost you add to the motor you double the horsepower. Right now I know someone who built a custom intake and just with that intake on the stock head and turbo it making close to 200rwhp at 10psi.

also I think your t5 trans adapter is an awesome idea, if you build it they will come.

I'm not sure I'm awaiting an email from him now. It would be just intake and possibly fuel rail already set up to run the 65mm 5.0 tb or whatever tb that can be decided later. It would leave the stock therm location. And you would need the rest of the setup such as you said sensors injec and wire harness. And I'm sure it wouldn't be more or much more than what people are paying for an unmodded or even modded magna. But before you say well why not just stay magna. The only way I've seen to get a magna is ebay or find someone who has one already. Thenyou still have to mod it or get one from someone who already has modded. It would be easier to locate and easier setup if boport made one. All you would do is contact him and bam its shipped to you ready to be bolted on no modding needed and easier to track down for the same maybe alittle more price. The point is less hastle.

The problem with the magna intake is it was never designed to make big power, it was setup for a 100ish hp na motor and the long runners gave the car torque. The issue with that is when you have a turbo on that motor you end up with a metric ton of torque (transmission killing torque) and almost no horsepower. The way to build a high horse power turbo motor is to try and make as much power N/A as you can and then pull as much cam overlap as you can out and drop the compression and add a turbo.

Now if you start with a nice high flowing short runner intake setup to make horsepower rather then low end torque and a cam with a lot of lift and duration you can start making close to or upward of 200hp N/A and for every bar of boost you add to the motor you double the horsepower. Right now I know someone who built a custom intake and just with that intake on the stock head and turbo it making close to 200rwhp at 10psi.

also I think your t5 trans adapter is an awesome idea, if you build it they will come.

true story, but i think for what im wanting i can get it with what i have, just looking for 300 to 350 at the wheels..

See positive feed back this is what I'm looking for not to argue or talk someone into it jus what people think and why. I'm just trying to say it'll be easier and more convient to find than trying to find an intake on ebay or have to know someone who has one. There will actually be a manufacturer and distributor of aftermarket intakes.