GT5 Starion

Lizzord30

beat the game??

Haha would be pretty cool if the car you get for beating the game was a Starion, I bet most people would be like I win a what????? LOL

Edited by Lizzord30

Can anyone explain to me why in this game for Dodge, they would put a Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi "Quad Cab"???

Yet they put a lightning in there for Ford, which is a regular cab.

Who's stupid idea was that? Lets put the heaviest Dodge Ram in there we can...why not put a regular cab...maybe the Rumble Bee or Daytona...or even step it up to the SRT10...

don't know...

but, is the game as good as it was supposed to be? Comparison to Forza 3?

i bought a ps3 for blu-ray and this one game. i've played all of the gran turismos before. i was not quite, but maybe within shouting distance of being in the fanboi camp for this one. so having said that, i am not blown away.

bad: the majority of the cars, the so-called standard models, seem as if they are the catalog from the previous games polished up a bit for ps3. there are some new additions, but not as many as i would have thought. you cannot change the wheels on the standard cars. you cannot drive from inside the car on standard cars. you cannot paint cars unless you have acquired another car of that color, and when you do, that color is 'used up.' there is no graphics/livery editor. unless i have missed something, i haven't seen damage on the cars yet, at least in the first two groups of races. sometimes it feels off. no rewind...forza has spoiled me.

good: it looks nice. there are times when the car handles in a way that feels very realistic, more so than forza. there are a lot of neat school/tutorial things to do. lots of cars on the tracks, and better ai than forza. there are a lot of interesting and oddball cars.

i know this sounds like damning with faint praise, but it is a solid game, it's just not the second coming. i wouldn't characterize it as a forza killer, but it is a solid rival. i am pretty sure that it will reveal more goodness with more hours.