Car wont start now

Live4Boost

I just finished putting the motor in my 89 quest last weekend and had it up and running on Tue. Tonight (Sat) I went out to start it up and nothing. I don't even get a click like it is trying to turn over. The only thing I do get is headlights and dash lights, but no map lights. The clock stays on and does not turn off even when I turn the car off and it was still on when I tried to start it up. The battery is brand new so I don't know if the clock killed the battery in 3 days.

Thanks

Joe

have you already checked all the connections to see if any thing came loose?

hmm let's see....

You've got:

lights

illumination on the dash when key on

no click

no start.

try checking on the starter relay, hitting the starter to see if the brushes are stuck, check the ignition switch itself and bust out the FSM in Starquestgarage.com if none of those work :/ there is a trouble shooting section that might help you more than I can.

-Chips

I checked all the grounds and they look good. The fuses are old so I am going to get some new ones. Is the clock supposed to stay on at all times because mine does even with the car off and I was wondering if it could have killed the battery in 4 days?

The clock display itself (the numbers) will stay on, but not the back-light. If your clock's orange back-light is staying on with the key off, you have a problem.

It won't kill your battery in 3/4 days.

Edited by dmyers151