fuel pump

sizemore111

i blew out the fuel lines with air compressor and now the car wont start i have 89 conquest tsi

i took the fuel line off the motor and the filter all i did was ble out the rust in the line put

it together and now it wont start

Edited by sizemore111

disconnect the line from the lower side of the engine bay fuel filter at the hardline that goes to the back of the car. it might be a royal pain so take your time. you can access it right behind the driver front tire. remove the entire fuel filter assembly with both hoses. buy a new filter from mitsubishi MB504732. remove the top mixer hat and blow out the screen directly above the injectors being sure to blow the opposite way the fuel flows. run everythning through the parts washer and reassemble the fuel filter with both hose before mounting it in its place. by removing the entire fuel filter with both lines(and reinstalling that way) you can be positive your getting the fittings tight enough. there just isnt enough room to tighten them with the filter installed.

disconnect the line from the lower side of the engine bay fuel filter at the hardline that goes to the back of the car. it might be a royal pain so take your time. you can access it right behind the driver front tire. remove the entire fuel filter assembly with both hoses. buy a new filter from mitsubishi MB504732. remove the top mixer hat and blow out the screen directly above the injectors being sure to blow the opposite way the fuel flows. run everythning through the parts washer and reassemble the fuel filter with both hose before mounting it in its place. by removing the entire fuel filter with both lines(and reinstalling that way) you can be positive your getting the fittings tight enough. there just isnt enough room to tighten them with the filter installed.

ok what would cause to loose power to pump should u be able to hear pump running the car ran but when u steped down on it it would cut out like no fuel nite befor it would not idle could hear pump real loud next day it ran fine so i drove it down road started cutting out again long as u kept it in higher gaer it would run fine all i did was basicly run all gas out of it wiyh hose just dont make no sense first one i ever owned i love this car ive had mustangs camaros trans ams this car is way cooler

ok what would cause to loose power to pump should u be able to hear pump running the car ran but when u steped down on it it would cut out like no fuel nite befor it would not idle could hear pump real loud next day it ran fine so i drove it down road started cutting out again long as u kept it in higher gaer it would run fine all i did was basicly run all gas out of it wiyh hose just dont make no sense first one i ever owned i love this car ive had mustangs camaros trans ams this car is way cooler

you might need to replace the pump? there harness wire that runs along the passenger fender that comes to a sop and plugs into nothing. you can run a jumper wire from the battery to test your fuel pump w/o having the ignition on. try this first and listen for fuel delivery.

there are quite a few reason why your car would do what your describing. hopefully you can narrow it down instead of systematically replacing everything like i did and spending alot of money that might be better spent elsewhere.