help?

asap

basic tune up adjustments have to be made before any tps, idle, mps etc adjustments can be made,,for now leave the hose off the vac adv and readjust the timeing,, after testing the mechanical adv system for being free

as to the dsm aand quest air mass wireing,, they use an entirely diff color assignment for the air mass,,you can no go by connector wire colors,, how ever their location and funtion are the same on dsm turbo mass's pin #7 is not use'd ,bend it over out of the way

yes i know that the dsm/quest connectors are two diff colors, i wired them up with the help of the 1g FAQ the NA dsm plug still has the same color wires as the turbo dsm plug, with the exception of #7.. i just cant get over how my car keeps throwing code 3 on every single MAF i put in the car... which ive swapped them with 4 diff MAFS.... i think im just going to leave it alone and try to trailer it to jimmy's house on may 2nd... i tried to do the tps reset and even that was too much for me... i just dont have the guidence to do it myself and i cannot seem to get anyone off line to come help me with it because of the drive. i dont understand these cars, and i feel like im digging myself into a deeper hole than what i am already in. the car doesnt want to idle right now again so i cant possibly set the idle at 850-950 and anytime it wants to get close to 1000 rpms it slowly dies and shuts off.... so i think the problem at hand is a little more than what i can do myself. i just hope that it can be fixed at jimmy's house because if not, im just going to sell it for something more practical. i love the cars, but my pockets arent deep enough and the two that ive had have broke me and left me hurting so...we will see.

Edited by asap

It may be that the MAF plug is wired up wrong. There are the six wires, two pair are the same colors and then two others.

WB -ECU pin#2, Air flow sensor

[*4]BW, smaller diameter -ECU pin #4, ground for sensors you can verify this using a meter and looking at the black wire on the CTS plug there are several tied together.

R, larger diameter -ECU pin#51 & #57, power

[*1]GR -ECU pin #5 Intake Air Temperature sensor

[*3]BW -ECU pin #16 Barometric Pressure sensor

[*2]GR -ECU pin#10, same as the Green wire with red stripe going to the TPS, Sensor Power

locking tab on this side, red wire closest to it, these are if you look straight into the terminal side of the plug in the wiring harness, not from the back of it

-------------------------------

(GR[*2]) ® (WB)

(GR[*1])(BW[*3])(BW[*4])

------------------------------

It may be that you have the GR wires BACKWARDS so you have sensor power and an Air Temp sensor reading swapped, I'd try reversing those two wires after you verify that you have the smaller diameter BW wire in the right location

You need to look at the wire diameter to check the black wires with the white stripe and that one should be easy to tell if its backwards but the green wires with the red stripe you may have to use a volt meter and unplug the ECU plugs and the TPS plugs and check to see if they are in the correct locations.