stalling out quest

turboed1g

I have a 88 quest, I noticed this last year before putting it away for winter, the car runs really good.Here is what it is doing. I was on my way home from work and I was playing with an older mustang I ended up blowing off my upper inter cooler pipe and having to pull over and fix it. Ever since around that time the car will fire right up,drives great until your just cruzing 55-60 and you go to pass a slower car and it stalls out like someone stole your spark or shut off your fuel ? I have figured out if I turn the key back one notch and turn it back to run position (not engaging the starter) it magically fires back up and goes down the road till the next time it does it. Some days it will do it 3-4 times with in around 70 miles and other times it don't do it at all ? Anybody got a good one for this ? HELP !!!!! Edited by turboed1g

hmmm dont quote me on this but maybe from the vibration on the engine one of your injector plugs might be coming loose? or from the same thing a vacuum line or hose is wiggling off and choking your engine? I had a similar problem before with my injector plugs and they were missing the little clips that hold them in place.

hmmm dont quote me on this but maybe from the vibration on the engine one of your injector plugs might be coming loose? or from the same thing a vacuum line or hose is wiggling off and choking your engine? I had a similar problem before with my injector plugs and they were missing the little clips that hold them in place.

Would this make it stall out and and when I cycle the key its ok till the next time ? I'm wondering if these cars have bad ecu's like dsms ( talons eclipse ) had issuses?

Sounds like a boost related problem. Check ALL your charge pipe clamps, couplings and vac lines. I had a similar problem once, it was coupling from the OVCP to the TB. It had a hole on the bottom back side that you couldn't see without taking it off. Edited by redecocav

I honestly dont know bro... I think I'm the most mechanically handicapped person on these forums. However, If I were you I would at least do a tune up, check the injector plugs to make sure its making contact, try checking for vacuum leaks, and make sure your battery terminals are on tight. Besides that, I apologize I can't be of much help. I'm sure Indiana or Jimmy or some other SQ God will give you some good advice soon or at least know what the problem is. good luck

john

• 2 weeks later...