Seat Belt Help

Bmore410_TSI

Does the motor make noise or attempt to move the mouse? They can be cleaned and relubed and saved and they will slide again quickly but you have to do that before the strip gets some of the holes chewed up. You have to remove the rear seat bottom and side bolster, scuff plate and unhook the carpet and remove a sunvisor and pull back the headliner and the entire assembly comes out as one piece, it starts by the passenger footwell, runs along the rocker panel, up to the roof and along your head up to the windshield. When its out you can pull a couple of the tubes off and see the tape, this tape has old gooey dirty sticky lubricant on it and it all needs washed off and new applied. Use lithium grease not effected by temperatures you can't use heavy bearing grease or any kind of oil or any kind of spray. Spray lube has sticky stuff in it so it bonds and stays there don't use it it just gums up later. If the tape is torn and it usually tears in the back lower corner at the drive or idler gear you have to replace the tape but you don't have to replace anything else and the tapes are not left or rights they just seem to be bent that way because they were in there so long and you can swap them I've did it several times. It could be the tape is binding up the motor and the motor is stuck. If the mouse is stuck or someone was trying to force it to move that's when it tears the tape up. The tape looks like a 1/2" wide flat strip punched full of holes. The holes are what the drive gear uses to move it and the mouse is attached to one end of it.

When you open the door do you hear a beep?

If you do then the track is stuck and you need to try to lube it and push while you open the door. This is what i did and got the belt to work.

Now if you don't hear a beep then one of the buttons is bad..meaning when you open the door the belts moves forward and it hits a button in the front pillar....then it stops the motor from moving. When you close the door it does the same thing on the other side.

If it's stuck in the front then that button needs to be cleaned. if its stuck in the other position then its the other button.

When you open the front pillar you can see the little white button switch. You can unplug it and test the button with Fluke multimeter if its stuck on or off br pressing it. If its gives a reading when you don't press it then it needs to be cleaned or replaced. I have never cleaned it but i heard you can. I just replaced it and mine started working after i installed it.

Now if you hear a gurgling sound or grinding sound then your track is starting to go...or is already shot. If your lucky you can spray some lube in the track and open the door and close it while trying to move the belt into lock postion (do this from the ourside of the car while the windo is open. If you are lucky you can get the lap belt to move back into the lock postion. After that i recomend you unplug the autobelts. The plug is behind the stereo and you can reach it by removing the side panel on the stereo, the passenger side. you can get you hands in there and unplug it. this will disable the seatbelts from retacking. be careful when you put you hands in there since the metal has some sharp edges as you can cut yourself.

I know its sucks not to have the belts retrack but it really sucks when its stuck in the open position. Ihave had my belts disabled for awhile until i fixed them and you get used to pulling the belt over your head. hope this info helps you.

here is a link below of what the switches look like and how to clean them

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28067

Edited by alp247