power steering pump

built88

I am in need of a good power steering pump with no leaks. I have tried 2 two different pumps already and both leaked from the front of the pump, right behind the pulley.

i thought it might be a hose or line but it is the pumps.

If any has one that they know is not leaking, and want to sell it please let me know.

thanks

James

NAPA and other parts stores sell a gasket/o-ring kit to rebuild the pump; I think Gates makes the package. The Mitsu dealer part number for a kit is MB35 0395. It's not that hard to rebuild the unit yourself. You'll just need a clean place to work... and some sort of tray to catch the ATF that'll make a mess. A simple aluminum pan from grocery store breakfast rolls works great. Download a PDF file of the factory service manual (FSM) available from several web sites (www.starquestgarage.com used to have it) steering chapter to see what's involved. Mostly just a bunch of little "fingers" that you'll have to make sure you don't loose.

mike c.

Yeah, I looked on the starquest i-x site and saw the post on rebuilding the pump. I looked around for the seal kit and no one had it. I tried all the auto part stores here in San

Antonio, and then the dealer who said they don't even carry this item anymore. So here I am coming to you guys to help. I actually just sent payment for a pump.