Fog Lights

Quest 41

Fog lights haven't worked since I purchased the car. I have checked fuses, bulbs and replaced the relay. I have tesetd the plug and I have found that I have a good ground to the fixture but, not power to the fog lights. Driving lights and turnsignals work fine. The wiring schematic refers to diodes in the system. Where are they? The troulbeshoot section of the manual suggests this to be the first place to check when both don't work. Can anyone help me navigate through this problem?

I found the problem in my switch for the fog lights had a bad contact when you went to turn on and everything els work

I do have a spare switch cluster which I will exchange. When you were troubleshooting, did you locate the diodes? Need to satisfy my curiosity!

The diodes wont be your problem and you have to tear apart the whole harness to get to them. When trouble shooting did you check to see if everything was working at the relay... power TO the relay, switch signal to the relay, power from relay with switch signal on.....

The diodes wont be your problem and you have to tear apart the whole harness to get to them. When trouble shooting did you check to see if everything was working at the relay... power TO the relay, switch signal to the relay, power from relay with switch signal on.....

Well, you made me think hard. :rolleyes: Found no power to the lights until, low and behold, my son was playing with the headlamp switch. I knew that the fog lights would only work with the headlights in the low beam position but, didn't know that the headlights needed to be on. :lol: Thought fog lights were independent. Sure appreciate your advice because I would have never realized this without checking @ the relay. They work great, yeah!!!!

Well, you made me think hard. :rolleyes: Found no power to the lights until, low and behold, my son was playing with the headlamp switch. I knew that the fog lights would only work with the headlights in the low beam position but, didn't know that the headlights needed to be on. :lol: Thought fog lights were independent. Sure appreciate your advice because I would have never realized this without checking @ the relay. They work great, yeah!!!!

You can alter them at the relay so they do work independantly. just tie the red and green wires together and they will work with the fog light switch, apart from the head lights.