1g BOV questions

nickireson

I got a 1G BOV today for $10. Its already "crushed" is that good or bad?

Can I run it just like it is? Just hook it up? Or do I need to mod it at all?

Also got a Greddy profec B spec for $80. Deal of the century!!!

THanks in advance

turn it over and see if the boost port has been plug'd and a vent hole drill'd in the passage to the upper diaphram,, if that port is not plug'd it'l blow open at aprox 8 lbs

http://26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10009/1g_bov.jpg

you stop boost from opening the valve , oem it'l open arround 8 lbs,, then you drill a small hole in the side passage way , odds are it's already drill'd

this is so the lower diaphram don't create a vacuum and slow opening under decell

Hey, where at in Tampa do you live? I'm over in South Tampa, we should meet up sometime. I've only met one other quest owner, Bil, in tampa so far.

hello there, i got a 1g bov and pipe for like $10 at the bone yard, i was reading how to mod it but it didnt make sense to me, blocking the port and drilling a new hole and putting it to boost/vacuum source?, why cant you drill a channel from where the bov , valve is over to the port, same difference, right, well thats what i did and it works,but seems not to open unless you rev it high, or driving it in the boost, why. i have had many other turbo cars and the opened as soon as you got ant throttle. thanks