89 Starion MPI

ekstatixx

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are pictures of the underbody which shows it is 100% rust free, like i said. also are pictures of the bondo on the front corner panel. everything opens and closes fine. the car has dings dents and has very faded paint. but it is an 89 starion! i can fix it get it running perfect and get it painted perfect but i will never get my money back out of it so thats why its in the condition it is.

IMAG0071

IMAG0072

IMAG0073

IMAG0074

IMAG0075

IMAG0076

IMAG0077

ekstatixx are you and quikconq the same person?or is quikconq buying the car?maybe quikconq and other like him is the reason u can't sell it,i still want the car. to many member involve

• 4 weeks later...
Letting an 89 starion fall into the hands of mentally challenged newbies kills kittens

Not for nothing but was that kind of comment really needed? Do newbs say off the wall things, yes, but at one time or another every one of us has said something that wasn't correct. I have always loved how certain people say something negative that gets no repremand here and another says something that isnt part of the "click" (for darn good reason i dont blame them for being out of the loop)and get banned, told off, or whatever "clever" thing.

I come on here from time to time to check on stuff/cars for sale and generally whats new with these cars and i still always see the same crap!!!! years now. It still never changes.

Edited by tsiconquest88

let's see from south carlolina 513.00 one way to fly there, so round trip 1026.00 dollars,so the car needs a tune how much will this cost me? i don't know,so tranport is another 580.00 dollars.because i can't drive the car home.

. plus 4000.00 dollars for the car.let me add this up how much would it be?help me somebody.i can't add but i know it will cost me.

let the car go,ill send a tranport.

let's see from south carlolina 513.00 one way to fly there, so round trip 1026.00 dollars,so the car needs a tune how much will this cost me? i don't know,so tranport is another 580.00 dollars.because i can't drive the car home.

. plus 4000.00 dollars for the car.let me add this up how much would it be?help me somebody.i can't add but i know it will cost me.

let the car go,ill send a tranport.

That's fine. Send transport but I need cash in hand or certified check from pnc bank before I load the car on transport. Also I work until 530 pm 7 days a week. So how can we make this work?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

DAMN, just saw this thread, wt.... ! I broke down 1/29/10 and bought a '86 w/bad engine $400(had good Eng. in garage rotting.)working on it and buying MPI,parts i easyly could have given you $3500 and broke even. w/happened to the original MPI ? I'd of bought this and don't care for red cars, but like the '86 seatbelts i have...

This is a BUMP ! This car will always be worth more than the rest ! Great Deal

• 2 weeks later...

You may get more response if you can get the car running well and driveable for a long distance. I probably would have not bought my '89 Starion had it not been dependable enough to drive it 4hrs from it's last owner to my house.

Also something else to consider would be the interior. If you could find some nice '88/'89 seats for it or have some available you would possibly do better. For me the seats make the '88/'89 cars more desireable. I probably would have not bought mine if it had '87 interior. It's just a matter of personal preference on my part.

You car is well worth the $3k you are asking. The issue is getting other folks to understand what they are really getting. Even though it's not running correctly, it has the capability to do so with a little tuning work by a knowledgeable enthusiast or a competent shop. Once it's tuned they have a 300hp MPI car.

They are also getting one of the rarest StarQuests ever brought into the US. Of the 159 imported, I only know of 5 or so that are still around here. There are others out there but not many more. These are the ones of people registered on this site that I know of:

1. ekstatixx

2. helrazr70

3. Scotty

4. Mazarin

5. turbojew

That means they would be buying a car that possibly one of 10-20 left. They would be buying a rare and powerful car.

If anyone is looking for a Starion or Conquest and plan to mod it at all for increased power, this is the car to buy since all the hard work is already done. You can barely buy all the MPI parts and accessories for $3k! --and the car is a collectors item!

Wake up folks!

I know the car has its issues. I was planning on getting it running well, get 88/89 interior, fixing the quarter panel damage and painting it, but that would cost me close to $3000 to do so, and seeing people can't even shell out $3000 for it as she sits, how can I sell it for $8000 which I would see it being worth after it was perfect.

So for now its available as it sits for $3000, or I will keep it , make it stock and perfect and keep this rare piece of history for myself

im in Hudson . WI , interested in cash + a 87 yamaha banshee needs carbs gone through rejetted and getting intermittent spark replaced all electrics except stator. top end is good has like 20 hours on top end rebuild. and perfect compression still. Edited by kaaos

• 3 weeks later...

first of all what do you mean the real deal .you must not know thay are the same cars. what a doofass.

You have been on here since 2007 and still don't know the difference? Someone needs a Honda.