360 Mopar

Burnerdominator

As I see more and more shells sell for under a 1000$ this swap becomes more and more tempting. I know people have done the 340 mopar and 350 sbc. My question is has anyone to the vast record of the forums ever done the 360? I know it isnt much bigger then a 350 and the mount points are close to a 340. Anyone advice or links would be helpful. Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...

As I see more and more shells sell for under a 1000$ this swap becomes more and more tempting. I know people have done the 340 mopar and 350 sbc. My question is has anyone to the vast record of the forums ever done the 360? I know it isnt much bigger then a 350 and the mount points are close to a 340. Anyone advice or links would be helpful. Thanks all!

Hey if u find anything out about the 360 swap please let me know...I've wanted to dothat with my conquest for awhile but I haven't been able to find any info on it so of u find anything out let me know. Thanks

a 360 is exactly the same as a 318 or 340...so, just follow those steps and it'll go just a seamlessly. The only difference visually is that the 360 is externally balanced.

and, yes, post #14 will give you a step by step for a 340, which is the same process.

Good luck! And, this is whats happening to mine once the 2.6 dies.

A fuel injected 5.9 magnum motor. :P

Edited by strang3majik

will the 360 bolt to the stock transmission??

no...but a tranny out of a V6 dakota (boxy dakota) will I believe. I don't know how strong the 5 speeds are, but, there you go :P

or, go all out and get a T56 6 speed.

Or, take the easy route and get a built 904, or just a stock 727.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

A 904 would be a better choice for weight/size, and they can be built up to handle a lot of power.

yself, if I were to use an auto with a small block, I'd use the 46RE out of the 90s rams so I could have OD, and they can be built very tough...hell in stock form they are unbreakable. Just don't tow with the overdrive on...lol

• 3 weeks later...