88 Conquest 63k SHP Auto $3700 N Alabama

dc

I'll work on getting some pics.... I haven't taken any in a while.

It's an 88 auto SHP, black on black leather. It's got 62-63k miles on it. If I remember right, I'm the fourth owner, and I've accounted for 5-6k miles in the last 4 or 5 years.

The engine runs great... 120 psi compression in all four cylinders give or take 3-5 psi. 14g turbo with about 13k miles on it (I put this on shortly after I got the car, although I almost like the 12a better since I don't really run it that hard). MBC set at around 12psi, never higher than that. The fella I bought it from claims it had a 2 1/2" exhaust and while I never measured, it doesn't look much more than stock. No cat, no muffler, so it's not quiet, but it does have a nice rumble to it.

The trans is not the original (although I have the original which I would give away with the car). The trans was a fresh rebuild according to the guy I got from, and I've probably put less than 500 miles on since the install. Shifts great.

The body is pretty nice. Since the car has been from Iowa to Florida to Indiana to North Dakota to Detroit, it's got a couple rust spots, but nothing too bad. There is one something just bigger than a half dollar on the passenger side front fender just behind the wheel well, and another on the driver side at the front of the rear wheel well. There's a few stone chips here and there, but nothing more than I'd expect from a 20 year old car. The front airdam has a crack on one side and a dent on the other side (but I did order one from 101propose that I probably won't need if I sell the car - FRP). The rear bumper cover is kind of strange - it's kind of wavy, but it's not to the point it stands out. And there's a couple of weird circular marks on the hatch spoiler. I think the last two were somehow cause be the -40* temps of ND. I've also got an FRP cowl hood (one of Gary's I think) that I've never painted or really installed which of course I will no longer need if I sell the car (the hood cost me about $425). To the best of my knowledge, and according to carfax, it has never been in a wreck of any type. It's always been garaged since I've had it(especially during those MI winters!).

The interior is pretty nice. It's got the leather buckets in the front with the typical bubbled up spot in the center on the base of the seat, and the driver has a little wear on the side bolster, but better than most I've seen. It's got a narrowband A/F and a boost gauge in a dual A-pillar pod. It's got a 1g CD/tape/amfm. Asides from that it's stock and clean. It is also tinted (although I put a couple of knicks in the tint in the rear window at some point) to a level I know was probably illegal in MI but is acceptable in AL. It's also got a sunroof, with good seals.

The suspension... that was my next target. The rears are pretty suspect over any bumpy roads, but the fronts seem alright. I do have some ground control coilovers for both the front and rear (0-2" drop) along with the rear KYB inserts (never got the fronts yet - I think they go for about $100). The wheels are stock SHPs, no curb rash. Tires are alright, no idea of the mileage but the wear doesn't seem to bad. And there's aftermarket drilled/slotted rotors (I'm not sure the condition of the pads, but it stops just fine).

I really don't want to sell the car, but some stuff has come up in my personal life and the car just doesn't seem that important. I'm sure I'll regret (I regretted parting ways with my first, and I spent about as much time pushing it as I did driving it) it though if I do sell cause I'll probably never find this low-mileage of a car again.

I'm pretty firm on my price, $3700, due to the mileage and the general condition. I'd be willing to negotiate on the hood and suspension if you were interested. The trans I'd throw in for free and I've got some other misc (1g mas and other small parts and full FSM).

If you're interested, please pm me or email me at d_cashman@lycos.com.

dc

Ok, not too direct, but there's some fresh pictures in a gallery located..... here:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?...93_583822458208

Forgot to mention, the popup headlights and antenna still both work great. And I've never taken it on a long road trip (I've had it out and about around town for upwards of a couple hours with no problem) but I'd expect it would probably make it about anywhere.

dc

Edited by dc