wiper motor bracket cover thing. Its ugly how do I get it off???

wiper motor bracket cover pizza ninjas conquest starion starquest moonpie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 flattiefan

flattiefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Antiques, racing, working on cars, working on my house, GOT,etc.. etc...
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

Just like the topic title says im trying to get my windshield wiper motor cover off. Its the ugliest thing in the engine bay. I have a bunch of other stuff going to powdercoat and dang it... it needs to go too.

so far I have the wiper motor and the cover un bolted from each other. but I cant figure out how they come apart.

Ill put some pics up if needed

Any help would be very appriciated
<ROBOflatty>
Posted Image

#2 ColdScrip

ColdScrip

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 01 December 2011 - 11:46 AM

The way I do it is I pull it towards the passenger fender until it snaps off. It a plastic clip that grips on to a "ball" that is attached to the wiper assembly. Careful, im sure you can break it. Also ensure that if you rotate the motor arm while its off that its back in the same position when you put it back on. Service manual actually says not to remove it unless you have too lol.

By pull it towards the passenger fender i mean grab the driverside of it and pull away and towards the passenger side (like if you were using a prybar)

Edited by ColdScrip, 01 December 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Follow my '87 restore here.

#3 flattiefan

flattiefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Antiques, racing, working on cars, working on my house, GOT,etc.. etc...

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:07 PM

That was super easy thanks! how dose the arm with the ball come off? i dont even see whats keeping it from sliding off.  I guess I dont have to seperate the plate from the motor to just paint it myself but its gunna be tricky
<ROBOflatty>
Posted Image

#4 flattiefan

flattiefan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:08 PM

wait.. nvm i got that to..
<ROBOflatty>
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiper motor, bracket, cover, pizza, ninjas, conquest, starion, starquest, moonpie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users