Alpine 3547 Amp

Blue

Ok, so I have a 12" sub setup to toss in my SQ. It came out of my Saturn, and had a different amp. But I was given an Alpine 3547 to try, and I have NO idea what the power ratings/etc. are on it. Anyone got info on this amp? Google is basically pulling up "for sale" stuff, with and every one seems to have a different rating. So far I've seen everywhere from 45W per channel to 250W. Someone help?

You must have the wrong model #. Usually Alpine units have a letter(s) before the model number. Like I have an Alpine MRP-M500 and and MRP-F250. Unless you got a knock off Alphine unit, there should be a model # similar to those. Edited by YoungQuestFan

You must have the wrong model #. Usually Alpine units have a letter(s) before the model number. Like I have an Alpine MRP-M500 and and MRP-F250. Unless you got a knock off Alphine unit, there should be a model # similar to those.

Nah, type it in to Google.

It's probably an older Alpine. Sounds like it's 45w RMS, the important rating.

Generally, you can guestimate the maximum watts by the amount of fuses it's using. 40a fuse would be just over 400w(max), 30a fuse would be just over 300w(max).

-Robert

It's probably an older Alpine. Sounds like it's 45w RMS, the important rating.

Generally, you can guestimate the maximum watts by the amount of fuses it's using. 40a fuse would be just over 400w(max), 30a fuse would be just over 300w(max).

-Robert

Yep found the info(finally).

Robert, you are correct. It takes a 30a fuse. But it runs 45w rms.

• 1 year later...

the alpine 35xx series is from the 80s they are class a/b amps and are of very high quality. how ever they do not have the capability to drive modern low impedance loads and you kill it very quickly. The amp will do 45Wx2 into a 4 ohm load at 14.4v or 90x1 bridged into a 4 ohm load. It is not 2 ohm stable at all and you will kill it.

I would toss it on the ebay and get your self and mrp500 or 250 digital amps handle subs very well.

Edited by ghinckley68