1G MAS with Pigtail

mcrisfield

you dont really "hack" it. just take angel cutters and bite off one side of it. it will plug into the 1gmas and still plug into your stock mas.

i did so for mine and swapped between teh MASs

just leave that plug clip in place, it wont fully align with the 1gmas but it will keep pressure on it and keep it from slipping out.

Thanks for the info!

However, I'd rather just pay someone who's parting their Starion and has got one with everything including a good open air filter ready to go - it's worth the extra money to me. Otherwise I'd just go to a local junkyard and pickup a 1G Turbo MAS for next to nothing and do it myself. I do appreciate the input but I'm in no hurry so....

Still looking for 1G MAS with Pigtail and Open Air filter ready to bolt on - willing to pay $80 shipped!

Thanks!

Mike

Its either clipping off the sidewall of your stock connector or soldering the new one. if you solder a new one you wont be able to switch back to stock without soldering back the old one.

I was just outside trying to take a pic of what I did but my hood is stuck again and no one there to help me open it.

I'll post pics of it later.

OK. I appreciate the help (I'm an idiot when it comes to all things cars). I think you mean that there's no easy way to go back and forth between stock MAS and 1G MAS because I have to modify my stock wiring - that is strip the wires and connect them to a 1G MAS plug so the stock wiring can connect to the 1G MAS. Therefore, if I want to switch back to my original MAS at some point I'll need to cut the wires again.

I read in one of the FAQs on this site that the "pins" can be pushed out of the stock plug with a jewelers screwdriver and then reconnected to the 1G MAS plug without having to strip/solder the wires?

Thanks,

Mike

There is an easy way and it is to "hack" the plug. You will be able to switch between without issue and without the need to solder and trace back wires, there are two sets of identical wires that lead to different pins.

I wish I can take a pic of it now, it will make things simpler.

The 1GMAS is a bit wider and has one extra pin that's not used. The stock plug wont fit because of the extra row of pins. You simply take angle cutters and remove one of the plastic walls in the plug and than it plugs right in. I'll get my hood popped in a bit and I'll show you what I mean.

OK. Just so I understand - that is a picture of a Starion stock plug that has been "hacked" to fit into an eclipse 1G MAS?

So if I grab a 1G Turbo MAS and do this I don't need the eclipse plug right?

Also, I can just buy a generic open air filter - what size should I get (2.75, 3", etc.)?

Thanks,

Mike