@fter market boost question

Brant

Howdy all,

I've got a boost guage installed in the OEM dash,

now I need to know if I pipe it into the intake

manifold or ???? to get a boost reading.

Thanks in advance,

Brant

there are (i believe) 3 ports in a row and one port directly under those 3 on the intake manifold. Put it in the bottom single port. That bottom port sees boost and vacuum all the time, so it should give you a good reading there. If your car is an automatic there is also a port on the #4 runner of the intake manifold that you can probably use. If your car is a manual, you will still have that port on the #4 runner but it will be plugged. But i still suggest using that bottom port on the intake manifold.

Daniel

Is it a vacuum+boost gauge? Or just a boost (pressure) gauge? They connect differently.

Vac+boost gauge: stand at the driver side fender and look at the intake manifold + injection mixer (throttle body) assembly. You'll see a spot where three vacuum hoses connect in a horizontal row. Either "T" into the one closest to the firewall (the bodywork between the engine and interior) or to the slightly larger vac port about 2 inches below the "row of three."

boost/pressure only gauge: See the metal pipe crossing above the engine? Follow it to where it connects to the injection mixer. Just past that connection there is a vacuum port pointing towards the front of the car. That's a good one to "T" into.

mike c.