Got it Running

PM your MSQ to some of the members that are helping others. It will be a starting point. The megasquirt manual is a mess...but i say that because it has way too many options that are not explained in simple terms. It is written for people with a good understanding of how a mechanical, fuel, and electrical system actually work. It hits every little detail of all these areas. I spoke to the DIY guys and told them what was needed to make Megasquirt widely used is a "MegaSquirt for Dummies" book. Some of them agreed that it would be good but nobody seemed to have the time or knowlege to do it. It would be a huge undertaking, but could prove to be very profitable. As others have said every install is different. Different sensors, different wiring schemes, different injectors, pistons, electrical noise, fuel supply and etc make it impossible to make a one size fits all solution.

Setting the Acceleration Enrichments

In addition to the 'regular' acceleration enrichments, also check the X-Tau enrichments.

MegaSquirt-II™ (or MicroSquirt®) has blended MAPdot/TPSdot abilities for acceleration enrichment. You can select the proportion of each using the slider in the 'Tuning/Acceleration' dialog in MegaTune (the variable is called Tps_acc_wght in the code). If you choose 100%, you get accel enrichment based on TPS only, if you choose 0%, you get accel enrichment based on MAP only. Of course you can set it to any integer between these (99%, 98%, 97%, ... 3%, 2%, 1%, etc.) and get 'blended' accel enrichment.

The default values are a good place to start (especially if your req_fuel is somewhere between 10 and 20 milliseconds). (To convert v/s (used with older versions of MegaTune) to %/s, assume that 0%=0 Volts and 100% = 5 Volts (which isn't quite true, but it is a start), then 1.0 v/s = 20 %/s, etc.)

The values on the upper right are the TPS based values (as noted by the heading above them), those on the upper left are the MAP based values.

The two vertical columns show the current TPSdot and MAPdot values, with the recent peaks 'tell-taled' in red.

Larger values in the "Value (ms)" entries increase the amount of accel enrichment. Smaller values decrease the amount of accel enrichment.

The slider chooses the percentage of MAP versus TPS, somewhere between 30% and 60% is good for most installations. Some installations may need to use values outside this range to solve specific issues.

MegaSquirt-II™ (or MicroSquirt®) also has user configurable accel taper tuning:

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/accel_taper.gif

The accel time is time during which the full accel enrichment is added to the injector pulse width (in seconds not milliseconds). The accel taper time allows you to have the accel enrichment taper from the set value to the end pulse width gradually, rather than having the accel enrichment end abruptly.

Each of these accel enrichments schemes has its own threshold (the rate below which no accel enrichment is applied). For MAPdot this is the MAPdot Threshold (kPa/s) (MapThresh), for TPSdot it is the TPSdot threshold (v/s) (TpsThresh).

By watching the bar graphs in the accel wizard, you can see how much noise there is in the respective sensor signals. try to set you threshold(s) above these levels to avoid unwanted accel enrichment, which can make you engine run very poorly.

http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/MT_accelwiz.GIF

After you have the VE table dialed in, then start adjusting the acceleration enrichment. You may want to try a short acceleration shot time (like 0.2 seconds) and increase the accel enrichment bins.

If the car does not buck under acceleration, you are close to correct settings. If it bucks and stumbles, then it is going too lean and you need to richen that part of the table. Before tuning decel [or accel], make sure you have your VE table close to correct first! One way to do this is to get the VE table set up by setting the TPSdot threshold setting very high (250 kpa/sec or 250 %/s, something like that) so that TPS enrich/enlean never kicks in. Then, (in steady state) set up VE table.

To adjust the accel bins, start with them high, then reduce the lowest bin value by 0.1 milliseconds at a time until the engine stumbles or coughs under gentle opening of the throttle. If it never stumbles, increase the rate at which you open the throttle and try again. If it stumbles even with the above values, double them and try again.

Then repeat with the next higher bin and slightly faster throttle movement. Continue with each higher bin and more aggressive throttle application until all the bin are satisfactory.

The Decel fuel amount (%) (TPSDQ) enrichment can be used to improve the economy of your vehicle. It reduces the amount of fuel injected when the TPS (and/or MAP) are decreasing. A decel fuel amount setting of 100% means no cut. 1% means reduce the pulse width by 99%, to 1% of what it normally would be. Note that decel 'enrichment' is ONLY applied above 1500 rpm.

JAHJAH IM SORRY, i didnt get any boodie and i was pissed im reading the post now to get a better understanding.

The car runs good and strong, starts fair and runs well,my problem is i have 78,83,89,94 VEs at about 124 kpa and im lean on my narrow band and wideband. The WB goes all the way to the RIGHT no reading. it seems like i have to have high VEs to keep it from going lean. I see some numbers you have up there, i will try those.

The constant/enrichements stuff is a little baffling thats why i wanted some good numbers (in fact it should be a post that has basic set-ups for the set-up desired).

i know its annoying not posting my settings i will do it soon.

I have a MeagView installed when i mash it the EGO CORR "flashes" out of range. when somethings out of range,the MV will "flash" on that parameter. Edited by macrophage

I have a MeagView installed when i mash it the EGO CORR "flashes" out of range. when somethings out of range,the MV will "flash" on that parameter.

I beleive ego corr out of range maans your VE table is so far off that your Megasquirt can't correct the value to get the correct AFR.

You really really need to post a MSQ /data log. that will help so much man. Does your Megasquirt see your wideband or narrow band sensor?

oh, and what size injectors ya running? and whats your req fuel

Edited by jahjah

I beleive ego corr out of range maans your VE table is so far off that your Megasquirt can't correct the value to get the correct AFR.

You really really need to post a MSQ /data log. that will help so much man. Does your Megasquirt see your wideband or narrow band sensor?

oh, and what size injectors ya running? and whats your req fuel

OK i will post my settings tonight. i will have to get my Daughter to help me.

Req Fuel has been changed to 4.0

Fuel Press at 45psi. MK1 rising rate (i wonder if i need to go higher under boost)

Using stock black and green injectors.

Also my PWM CURRENT was 45. Changed to 65.

A thing to remember is that if you change your ReqFuel the whole VE will change.

Also i ran the car pig rich and it still showed 17.5, 18.0 AFR @ WOT under load

the WB is not hooked up to MS1 the NB is along with my NB gauge.

Edited by macrophage

OK i will post my settings tonight. i will have to get my Daughter to help me.

Req Fuel has been changed to 4.0

Fuel Press at 45psi. MK1 rising rate (i wonder if i need to go higher under boost)

Using stock black and green injectors.

Also my PWM CURRENT was 45. Changed to 65.

A thing to remember is that if you change your ReqFuel the whole VE will change.

Also i ran the car pig rich and it still showed 17.5, 18.0 AFR @ WOT under load

the WB is not hooked up to MS1 the NB is along with my NB gauge.

I've got like a billion questions to ask lol please please post an MSQ and Data Log

• 2 weeks later...
Ok my Daughter didnt now how to post the MS files, but thats not the problem. Everything is fine with the car, its starts runs strong idles at around 13,14 smoothly and has plenty of boost( boost on minumum ). The MS software aint the problem. the problem was the fuel pump pulsation damper, i had some washers in there that wasnt supposed to be there. Im getting some new STOCK injectors and to see if they are actually "UNDERSIZED" for my B16g turbo I know now that the problem was fuel supply (i dont think i was getting enough i cant tell by the way it responds)but everthing seems fine right now. i honed in on the problem fairly quickly.

Ok my Daughter didnt now how to post the MS files, but thats not the problem. Everything is fine with the car, its starts runs strong idles at around 13,14 smoothly and has plenty of boost( boost on minumum ). The MS software aint the problem. the problem was the fuel pump pulsation damper, i had some washers in there that wasnt supposed to be there. Im getting some new STOCK injectors and to see if they are actually "UNDERSIZED" for my B16g turbo I know now that the problem was fuel supply (i dont think i was getting enough i cant tell by the way it responds)but everthing seems fine right now. i honed in on the problem fairly quickly.

Good to hear man, congrats