Is a 3" GM MAF Translator enough?? PLEASE HELP!

I have a new built engine with injectors from trilogy, 20g turbo, 255 walbro and fpr installed. I bought a Apexi Neo but are having a hard time to make it work, so now Im thinking about buying a 3" GM MAF Translator to get the car up and running. But: Can I tune my engine with this translator? Or do I need anything else to tune the fuel with? I allready have a wideband installed...

Please help

I have a new built engine with injectors from trilogy, 20g turbo, 255 walbro and fpr installed. I bought a Apexi Neo but are having a hard time to make it work, so now Im thinking about buying a 3" GM MAF Translator to get the car up and running. But: Can I tune my engine with this translator? Or do I need anything else to tune the fuel with? I allready have a wideband installed...

Please help

I've never really messed around with the NEO, only helped people setting up SAFCII and an HKS piggy back. I have heard issues of people having problems with the NEO working on older cars, I've come across reading about people with problems on DSM forms, but like I said, never dealt with it myself. I don't think a 3"MAF converstion with translator is going to fix the problem with your piggy-back. How are you going into the ECU? Is all of your wiring correct? Also look into the NEO a little bit more, I know there are differnt modes you can put it in so that it will even function with VTEC systems on Hondas. The wrong settings for sure would cause it to act crazy. I was thinking of getting the NEO for my turbo swap, but like I said, I've heard to many problems using NEOs on OBD1 or later. Hope this helps, good luck.

Please help

Everyone with a neo needs to read this about the programming bug.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/apex-afc-neo-c...nt-work-419786/

As of 10/24/2008, v1.104 of the AFC Neo firmware is available. Initial testing shows the problem seems to be fixed and that the Neo operates as advertised on our cars. If your "Program Version" (located on "etc." menu) is less than v1.104, contact Apex Integration (A'PEXi U.S.A. - Home Page) to get your RMA number.

I am running the 3" maft with Neo, and may be the only one doing it with success. I did not try to run the Neo on the stock mass or the 1Gmass. I used the same wiring diagram as the AFC or AFC II. Let me know if you have any questions on sittings or tuning, ill try to help out. Ill see if I can dig up all the wiring and settings so that anyone can have 16 points of tuning instead of just 3 with the translator.

Everyone with a neo needs to read this about the programming bug.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/apex-afc-neo-c...nt-work-419786/

As of 10/24/2008, v1.104 of the AFC Neo firmware is available. Initial testing shows the problem seems to be fixed and that the Neo operates as advertised on our cars. If your "Program Version" (located on "etc." menu) is less than v1.104, contact Apex Integration (A'PEXi U.S.A. - Home Page) to get your RMA number.

Thanks for the info. I need to get ahold of them and see about getting a re flash if its not to late. Funny thing is that the car runs great but the volts jumps around like crazy at WOT. I now Know why.

Dan

I am running the neo and maft for two years now at 20psi and two secondary's. I am not havng problems with my neo but thought about having them reflash it just to be sure

Franco

you will be fine if you use both o them I have done so it's much easyer then one or the other get a wide band if you don't have one allready will make your life a lot easyer on the tuning. use the maf-t for base and safc (1,2,or neo) for the fine tune.