Fuel Ignition Management

what is everybody's fave fuel ignition management for starions ? just doing research. I'm thinking of using AEM F/IC if i figure out all the cabling.

Eric

Most common seen units are:

-Megasquirt

-FIP (Fuel Injection Pro)

-SDS (Simple Digital Systems)

-Hawk

Sky's the limit. Many go for fuel and ignition control combined. There are options from there to go on down the list of "how to control" spark. Many use what they are comfortable with.

If you're talking MPI, then yes a standalone is your best bet.

What I would suggest is to find out about your local tuner crowd and who they trust to tune their cars. Whoever the tuner is will definitely have his favorites, which will limit you in terms of which standalone you can realistically run.

Unless you can(or know a friend that can) tune your setup, so you'll just need to rent a dyno and go from there.

For example, I only trust one shop here and they have more experience with AEM/Pro-EFI/Motec, so things like SDS/Haltech/Autronic wouldn't be in my best interest to try and use. I could go MegaSquirt, but would have to rely on a local(non-shop owner/worker/tuner) enthusiast and rent dyno time to get it tuned that way.