boot sensor.

pwned

Hey guys.

Just wondering if anyone knows where the boot sensor is?

my boot light indicator on the dash stays on when i shut the boot.

but will go away after driving for a bit, as the vibrations when driving either make the sensor go off, or the boot slots properly into place.

but i need to figure this out and get it fixed before i get my alarm installed. but no one in NZ, knows anything about starions. haha.

any help would be great!

If it's anything like the US StarQuest, it's part of the latch mechanism. Look through the openings in carpet panel lining the rear of the boot (trunk) area - the side on your right when you stand behind the car. Look for a pearl-white plastic bit in the latch mechanism; if I remember correctly that's the plunger of the switch/sensor. It's plugged into connector E12; it has a red+yellow wire and a black wire.

That carpet panel has metal "fingers" that extend into slots in the stamped metal structure around the spare tire cavity and plastic body clips along the top/rear edge. In theory you can use a trim stick to separate them, or just push the carpet panel towards the front of the car to get them to slide out of the panel... though usually things break. They're too old & brittle to cooperate.

I've seen many StarQuest hatches that don't fully latch unless you firmly push down on them. Folks that push on just one side of the hatch often don't get the other down far enough for the latch to catch. Either push in the center of the spoiler area, or better yet use two hands. The electrical contacts on the hatch support struts sometimes get bent out of shape; when that happens they jam, keeping the hatch from closing completely.

mike c.