joel @ tristarion

kev_rm

<edit: deleted icon>

Bought a bottom end assembly from him. Initial transaction was smooth.  A couple weeks afterwords, I found that he had not been completely honest, it didn't have some of the machine work he said it did and the pistons weren't even close to being right.   I basically told him I felt ripped off after finding all the problems and was facing purchasing new pistons after having already to buy bearings and balancing to the tune of $250 (which would not have been necessary if the work he said was done.. was done)  

So, caveat emptor, I got screwed, I accept the risk.  What ensued after I complained is worth posting.  Here are the very first two responses.  I want to make ONE editorial note - I never asked for a DIME back.   Oh, and the curses have been bleeped.  

WHAT?!

I never said the assembly was balanced, but the CRANK is balanced. You can see the holes in the counter balances. If its wrong, no way I was to know.

Pistons off by .100?! What do you mean they dont even fit the rods? Those are NOT floated pins.

That is SUPPOSED to be a .030/.030 crank. Period. I told them to grind it that way.

How was I to know about this piston problem. I had the damn thing machined and NEVER assembled it. I have NO CLUE what your even saying by them being off .100. Are they to small? They are supposed to be .040 pistons with .030 clearance. I never put a piston in a hole, period.

Don't give me the ripped off bullsh*t. I sold you what I knew to be good. Something tells me your out for a freebee. I highly doubt there is any thing wrong with the stuff I sold you.

Who is telling you this stuff is all wrong? Seems like you are telling me EVERYTHING I sent you is all wrong. I find that VERY hard to believe.

Joel

Sorry if your all pissed off. Like I said, NO garuntees. You knew that before you bought. You got what I sold you. Not trying to be an a**, but apparently I have to. If you needed something from me, something was bad.. perhaps you should have communicated first. Instead, you basically call me a flat out liar.. THEN you decide to have expectations from a sour conversation?

What I say to that is... F*ck off.

Now if you'd like to START OVER, perhaps I will forgive.

Good Day.

Joel

• 2 weeks later...