Monster Banshee Cam installed!

cudabnu

Just got done! Idles smooth! I'll wait to break in the cam for a few days before I abuse it, then test it with the G-tech . then LACR Raceway in april.

Other mods:

OVCP w/ RFL BOV

3" Exhaust W/ flowmaster

1G MAS W/ AHP

HKS AFR

Wideband O2

20G Turbo

Joe P electronic MBC

Stock Engine with about 87K miles on it.

Clutch is starting to slip, will be installing a ACT Extreme PP and lightened flywheel in 2 weeks.

After this is done, Then I will start building the race motor, Just need a block and crank. I have ready to go

Marnal head

Magna MPI Modified by Chad

SDS w/ 72 lb injectors

Ross Pistons

Corrillo H-beam rods

Weld Pro Stars w/ 10" slicks (Thanks Buscher Racing!)

The 4g63 and g54b are totally different planets....

True, but what does that have to do with piston choice? Both engines still see large amounts of boost, the concept is still the same. Thats like saying a TRW forged piston is fine in a Chevy but not in a Mopar. Makes no sense.

What are the limited rings choices for Ross? I have file fit Total seal rings, I only need one choice. I base my decision on material used to make the pistons, and other people that I know that run insane amounts of boost with no problem.

If you thing the pistons are bad and to stay away, then lets hear why!

J.E. pistons tend to have some slap because of the material they are made of.

Wiseco are made with better materials, better piston. Same with Ross.

I do alot of research before spending that kind of money, I only want to build this once.  I'm just curious why you guys say so stay away from ross, because if it's only based on "ring choice" then, well.....your crazy!

For some reasons on why not JE, go to the top of this forum and read "cracked forged pistons", theres MY reason

yes, i read that and responded to it a long time ago, also if you look at his dyno when it happened, he was running way too rich! which can obviously have bad effects!

Basically the Je's need looser clearences because of expansion, where the Ross and Wiseco's do not, they can run tighter clearences because of the material they are made of.

I didnt want to run total seal rings again. I couldnt find anything else that fit in the 3mm ring grooves. My last set of total sels were toast from my air filter having a small hole in it.

Were they the "total seal" or the file to fit?