Thoughts on cheap fuel enrichment

TSIBoy

Ok... here are my thoughts on a cheap way to get more fuel into the motor cheaply... I don't know if anyone else has tried this.

I was sitting there thinking about running two secondary injectors in my 88 with the 255lph HP pump, bigger fuel lines, and two fuel pressure regulators, one to set the baseline low enough that you don't run stupid rich at idle and off boost operation, and a boost controlled rising rate regulator to richen it up while in boost, its almost like running an AIC but without the mega buck system from TEP.

I'd like as much thought on this as possible considering its a different way to get more fuel in for a bigger turbo, for those of us who don't want to spend wads of cash on an AIC and can't afford MPI currently.

i really doubt it,.. i cant imagine, running that much on it., with two secondary.  I see where your going, though.  A good pump,. for volume.  yeah,  biggger lines.  You can cram, fuel in those injecters, an they keep going, on an on, a better regulater, yeah i could see that.  Even to bring up something old,. there was this guy who was running, a large turbo,. an crimped his line return so as nothing got back to the tank.  An he ran the heck, out of it.  I for one,. have seen two secondarys kicking, at idle,. ( playing with the safc, an its not pretty)  even at a base of 38 psi.

Its just my opion,. but add it up.  your parts,. an what it is going to take. Thier might be an easier, way to acomplish the same goal.. wether, big pump, lines, an good regulater.

I don't personally think anyone should be trying to make enough power to require that much fuel unless they already have a small "wad of money" to replace the parts they break when they do it wrong.

The baseline fuel pressure should not be modified by much, 25psi or so is about the mark that the injectors spray partern will be useful. RRFPR type enrichment has been know to be difficult to get running right. Yes, somehow some guy with some Honda has used one to go 12s, but I've never seen anyone with this type of setup run a 12 or 13 and last very long.

At Cruise your gas milage would suck, the major increase in A/F ratio will likely cause (due to more than DOUBLE the secondary size) will increase the reoccurring driving cost over 3 months would buy you that AIC. Not to mention fuel wash means a rebuild sooner than later.

For ~$340 dollars you can buy a AM MF2 AIC unit, works fine and later if you go MPI you could use it for water injection.

A good RRFPR (adjustable) will run you between 200-300, and unless you have 2 secondary's already, you'll need one of those.

I don't know how much cheaper people have to get, really. I'm NOT rich, I saved some pennies. I can't go out and buy every little thing (Nope, I won't be buying the big rotors... I just dont have that kind of money). Its not THAT hard to wait. Get it done right, to many of these cars get mickey moused and blown up.

Joel

I wasn't going to do this however perhaps it will help someone.

I RUN A SECONDARY IN THE PRIMARY POSITION AND MY CAE RUNS FINE. STARTS. IDLES AND CRUISES BEAUTIFULY. A/F IS IN STOICH. I DID NOT DO THIS AS A CHEAP ALTERNATIVE FOR FUEL. I HAVE AN SDSEIC ON ORDER. FOR SOME REASON MY ENGINE WANTS MORE FUEL DOWN LOW. MY MECHANIC STARTED THE CAR AND SAID IT'S LEAN. THE 1 G MAS AND KELLY'S 3" PIPES JUST WANT MORE FUEL! i DON'T HAVE AN EXTRA SECONDARY TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD DO BUT AT LEAST I CAN DRIVE THE CAR AND I'M CONFIDANT IT IS BURNING ALL THE FUEL AND NOT WASHING THE CYLINDER WALLS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS AND I WOULD GLADLY RUN ON THE 580cc INJECTOR IF I COULD.