Interior Change Color

kayzee

you plan on doing it yourself or having it done by a shop? by yourself its the price of the carpet and some time. Also, new insulation is probably a good idea. Might as well if you've already torn it down that far.

It isn't too hard but you'll have to take off all the trim, seats, and plastic in the interior.

I did mine to beige on black and it looks real good IMO :hmm3grin2orange:

you plan on doing it yourself or having it done by a shop? by yourself its the price of the carpet and some time. Also, new insulation is probably a good idea. Might as well if you've already torn it down that far.

It isn't too hard but you'll have to take off all the trim, seats, and plastic in the interior.

I did mine to beige on black and it looks real good IMO :hmm3grin2orange:

how much did it cost you?

i'm planning of having it on shop, but if it's too much i'd just do it on my own.

do you know the average cost if i'll send it to the shop?

How much would it cost me if i change the color of my interior into black?

depending on how close you are, I have full black interior I could sell ya.

Front seats aren't in perfect condition, but they aren't bad. Everything else is in great shape (rear seats need to be cleaned...I have some black magic leather care stuff I'll be spraying on them soon to keep them in good shape. It should shine them right back up.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/493935/IMG_0149.JPG

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/493935/IMG_0154.JPG

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/493935/IMG_0148.JPG

I want a new interior :fighting0061:

well if you want "new" interior go to your local upholstery shop and get a quote....

most of us that change the color of are interior do it by swaping from another car

how much did it cost you?

i'm planning of having it on shop, but if it's too much i'd just do it on my own.

do you know the average cost if i'll send it to the shop?

i think it was around $50 in materials.

no idea what a shop would charge but I'm guessing anywhere upwards of $300?

if money is an issue, your best bet is to either buy the raw upholstery and cut it yourself or get a real nice, clean interior from another car. The latter is most likely easiest

Its definately doable, but theres a lot involved. Pulling the dash is a pain. Id def reccommend getting a parts car with a black interior and pulling it first so you can see if you want to do it on your driver or not.

• 2 weeks later...

-if you are wanting black stuff, get black interior from members selling stuff.. dont get that crap from the parts store to change interior color.. youll still want to pull everything out, clean every little part, prep it, and then paint it w/ hopes that it sticks... at that point youd be better off time and money wise to just put good used interior in

-i start out around 10-12k for a complete interior.. that includes new everything.. dash, doors, seats, carpet, headliner, etc... covered in leather, suede, and wool carpet..

-for more affordable builds using vinyls, synthetic leathers and standard carpets youll still be lookin a good 3-5k for an interior...

-if you get a quote under 2500 for a complete changeover id be scared of the corners getting cut.. both on labor and cheep materials that wont last a year..

-i gutted my car in about 3 hours total.. no harnesses, no carpet, hvac, dash, center, pedals, anything... you can totally change interiors with minimal tools and experience as long as you have a good service manual.. dont be scared of swapping out an interior.. it looks harder than it really is..

josh

Edited by j-hanson