Red 89 with 19,000 Miles

coltblue3

O.K. I've posted my car for sale here a couple of times in the past 3 or 4 years. I thought it was sold in late 2007 but the deal fell through. I've since got some bugs worked out of the car so I'll try it again.

89 Conquest - Automatic - Red w/ Tan & Black

All options except Sunroof

19,000 Miles

I'll give you the short story but feel free to pm me for specifics.

I was told the car sat for over 12 years because of transmission problems (hard to believe with factory warranty). I do believe it sat still a long time due to the obviouse U.V. exsposure in certain areas only. The transmission was wacked but I had it rebuilt. I pulled the engine out and rebuilt it for a couple of reasons. (1) the frame rails had a little rust on them. Specifically the drivers side where dripping power steering fluid ate the paint off. Therefore I had to remove the engine to repair it. (2) The head gasket was leaking and I assumed others might that I could not see. (3) My dad owns a machine shop that refurbishes engine parts (blocks, heads, crankshafts, etc...) therefore it was free to me.

The car is now reassembled and running fine (after nearly five years of nickle and diming it). The Pictures should tell most of the story. They are nearly a year old but nothing looks different. Other than some door dings, the body is great (No Rust) and the front spoiler is cracked. Paint is ok but bumpers, spoiler, mirrors are badly faded. Interior is great except for drivers floor mat (carpet is great) and stitching on front seats (leather is great). The wheels (8s and 9s) have some curb damage and it needs tires.

Its bone stock. Its 20 minutes outside Charlotte N.C. I'm looking for $5500. Some minor details and a paint job will make this car a 10.

post-7382-1217817501_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1217817522_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1217817545_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1217817552_thumb.jpg

post-7382-1217817752_thumb.jpg

Edited by coltblue3

O.K. I've posted my car for sale here a couple of times in the past 3 or 4 years. I thought it was sold in late 2007 but the deal fell through. I've since got some bugs worked out of the car so I'll try it again.

89 Conquest - Automatic - Red w/ Tan & Black

All options except Sunroof

19,000 Miles

I'll give you the short story but feel free to pm me for specifics.

I was told the car sat for over 12 years because of transmission problems (hard to believe with factory warranty). I do believe it sat still a long time due to the obviouse U.V. exsposure in certain areas only. The transmission was wacked but I had it rebuilt. I pulled the engine out and rebuilt it for a couple of reasons. (1) the frame rails had a little rust on them. Specifically the drivers side where dripping power steering fluid ate the paint off. Therefore I had to remove the engine to repair it. (2) The head gasket was leaking and I assumed others might that I could not see. (3) My dad owns a machine shop that refurbishes engine parts (blocks, heads, crankshafts, etc...) therefore it was free to me.

The car is now reassembled and running fine (after nearly five years of nickle and diming it). The Pictures should tell most of the story. They are nearly a year old but nothing looks different. Other than some door dings, the body is great (No Rust) and the front spoiler is cracked. Paint is ok but bumpers, spoiler, mirrors are badly faded. Interior is great except for drivers floor mat (carpet is great) and stitching on front seats (leather is great). The wheels (8s and 9s) have some curb damage and it needs tires.

Its bone stock. Its 20 minutes outside Charlotte N.C. I'm looking for $5500. Some minor details and a paint job will make this car a 10.

Im in at $2,500.

• 2 weeks later...