Brake cable replacement

RagingQuest

So, my car needs a hand brake to pass safety inspection (yes, the ENTIRE cable system is missing) and I was looking online and I see there is a right, left, and front cable available to purchase. I was wondering and thinking; do I need to buy all three of these cables? Any advice would be great here. Thanks!

i just replaced mine today lol i went to advanced auto parts and bought a left and rigth(there are like 60 bucks each )... the front cable is the one that goes from the ebrake handle to the equlizer behind it (its only like 6 inches long).. so it depends on whats left of your ebrake system also where the cable meets the cailper there is a clevis pin but i couldnt find them so i used a 3/8 by 1inch boolt and nut

hope this helps

T87

i just replaced mine today lol i went to advanced auto parts and bought a left and rigth(there are like 60 bucks each )... the front cable is the one that goes from the ebrake handle to the equlizer behind it (its only like 6 inches long).. so it depends on whats left of your ebrake system also where the cable meets the cailper there is a clevis pin but i couldnt find them so i used a 3/8 by 1inch boolt and nut

hope this helps

T87

I just went and dug through the car again to double check, and it appears that everything is there except for the two rear cables. I guess I'll go and plop down the cash to replace those. Other than that, I don't know what it needs before it'll pass inspection. One way to find out! Thanks again topher87.